Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

mega damage
Old 24 Aug 2007, 14:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default mega damage

this is for some thing I'm working on. for all those familiar with the palladium rpg system, at what point dose scd or mdc equal a save of 6+, 5+, 4+, and so on. also where do mdc capable weapons be come anti tank?

(\_/) this is a bunny
(x.x) bunny is dead
'(__)' he tastes funny hehehe
wartang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2007, 18:31   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via Yahoo to kruxigore
Default Re: mega damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartang
this is for some thing I'm working on. for all those familiar with the palladium rpg system, at what point dose scd or mdc equal a save of 6+, 5+, 4+, and so on. also where do mdc capable weapons be come anti tank?
first SDC would be 6+ thru 4+; 3+ and 2+ would be MDC. this is evident in that if you shoot my FW with a las gun he gets to save if you shoot him with a plasmagun he does not. also toughness plays a factor too t5 or t6 i would be relative to low MDC while t7 and up would be midlevel MDC.

second; anti-tank capability would be reach at 3D6x10 MD and over, technically this should equate to all heavy weapons in palladium.
to illistrate try to imagine a glitterboy in 40k he gets to shot once per turn his weapon is going to =a railgun on a broadside.

what palladium games do you play?
Old 24 Aug 2007, 19:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd say the toughness plays a major factor here, and here I second kruxigore. Mid-level MDC creature is absolutely immune to firearms, and this is achieved at tgh=7.

On the other hand, I think even a 2+ is still a SDC armor, albeit a very good one. Inv saves should be used to represent MDC armor (6+ for light, 3+ for a really heavy, like a glitterboy).
MDC armor should also improve toughness.

I think melta and plasma are on par with normal MDC rifts hand weapons.

Power weapons in general, and specifically the power-fist variants, are on par with MDC close combat weapons of Rifts.

As to the tanks, even a Land Raider is a SDC tank, again a very hard one, but still SDC. You'd probably have to use structure points to represent a MDC tank, and titan-killers to represent MDC tank guns.
Max Smirnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2007, 14:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I play the robotech rpg and compaired to the rest of rifts well robotech armor sucks, but it make up for in speed. I'm trying to make a robotech codex and as a preview this is what I've come with for the veritech VF series trans fromable fighter

Elite

points 250
a wing may have 1-4 fighters

Front Side Rear Ws Bs movement
Jet Mode 10 10 9 - 4 as air craft
Guardian 11 10 9 3 3 as skimmer
Battleloid 12 11 10 4 3 as walker with assault move

Note: each VF has six wing pylons. The GU-11 comes standard and is mounted center lined in fighter mode, in gaurdian and battleliod mode it is held in the hands like a rifle.

Weapons Range Str AP Notes Points
GU-11 30 7 3 Assault 3 -
Short range missiles 12 5 4 Heavy 3 10 per pod
Long range missiles 48 10 2 Heavy 1 15 per missile

Special rules
limited ammo: missiles are one shot weapons
hit and run: usr
humanoid: you can not fire missiles in battleoid mode
transformable: all veritechs may switch forms

(\_/) this is a bunny
(x.x) bunny is dead
Old 27 Aug 2007, 17:26   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via Yahoo to kruxigore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartang
I play the robotech rpg and compaired to the rest of rifts well robotech armor sucks, but it make up for in speed. I'm trying to make a robotech codex and as a preview this is what I've come with for the veritech VF series trans fromable fighter

Elite

points 250
a wing may have 1-4 fighters

Front Side Rear Ws Bs movement
Jet Mode 10 10 9 - 4 as air craft
Guardian 11 10 9 3 3 as skimmer
Battleloid 12 11 10 4 3 as walker with assault move

[glow=orange,2,300]i feel there should not be an armour increase in guardian as there is very little change in configuration. i also believe battloid should be limited to F 11 S 11 R 10; otherwise it would be too much, to me 12 aromour is more like destroid (excalibur)[/glow]

Note: each VF has six wing pylons. The GU-11 comes standard and is mounted center lined in fighter mode, in gaurdian and battleliod mode it is held in the hands like a rifle.

Weapons Range Str AP Notes Points
GU-11 30 7 3 Assault 3 -
Short range missiles 12 5 4 Heavy 3 10 per pod
Long range missiles 48 10 2 Heavy 1 15 per missile

[glow=orange,2,300] here i think that a long range missile should be more like a seeker s8; s10 for robotech would be like particle cannons on excaliber destroid [/glow]

Special rules
limited ammo: missiles are one shot weapons
hit and run: usr
humanoid: you can not fire missiles in battleoid mode
transformable: all veritechs may switch forms
other than those two thing i think it would be great now you just need some 1:64 scale models.

robotech was the first game i played from paladium and it is still my favorite of all thier products. did you hear they are trying to renew the license and release an updated game for macross!!
Old 27 Aug 2007, 22:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
i feel there should not be an armour increase in guardian as there is very little change in configuration. i also believe battloid should be limited to F 11 S 11 R 10; otherwise it would be too much, to me 12 armor is more like destroid (Excalibur)
your right

Quote:
here i think that a long range missile should be more like a seeker s8; s10 for robotech would be like particle cannons on Excalibur destroid
really I was thinking melta rules for the particle cannons

Quote:
robotech was the first game i played from palladium and it is still my favorite of all their products. did you hear they are trying to renew the license and release an updated game for macross
really sweet

(\_/) this is a bunny
(x.x) bunny is dead