Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is it possible to have 2 force organisation charts in a 2000pt game??
Old 25 Jul 2007, 10:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Gamblor
Default Is it possible to have 2 force organisation charts in a 2000pt game??

Might sound like a stupid question, but i cant find anything about the subject, any help??
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace i with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh, Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine". logo-40k.jpg
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 11:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Is it possible to have 2 force organisation charts in a 2000pt game??

Check the rulebook. The section where the FOC is explained contains the rule you look for. I do not have my rulebook at hand, so I cannot be more specific.

But according to this rule a second FOC is used at 2500 pts and more IIRC.

[WHFB] Dwarfs
9 victorious slaughters/ 7wins/ 5 draws/ 7 losses

[WH40k] Tau
17victorious slaughters/ 10wins/ 2draw/ 1 loss
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 11:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Is it possible to have 2 force organisation charts in a 2000pt game??

officially, no. you can have a new FOC every 500pts if you want, but its not a very nice thing to do.

2000pts and 2 FOCs is me playing with 6 hammerheads. or 18 obliterators and 8 devestator squads, for instance.... it gets over the top very quickly.

the game is balanced for one FOC up to roughly 2000pts. so really, thats all you should use.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 17:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Generally, you can use more than 2 FOC's when you're over 2500 points. If you're using two FOC's when you're only at 2000 points, then that means one of your sections (Heavy Support, Fast Attack, etc.) is already filled up to the max. Its possible, but is generally frowned upon.

Snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage
The sacrament of Dakka can be expressed only by those who have experienced it. It is a holy sacrament (of fire) that states "We are firing our guns at you. Die."
The Canadian Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 17:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Contrary to popular belief, there is no point value where you start to use a second FOC. The rulebook says that the FOC becomes a limiting factor over 2000 points. It never says to start a new one once you start to feel limited (especially when the FOC is supposed to limit you).

The choice of how many FOC that you will use in a battle is a choice you and your opponent must make before you start a game. It's best to treat it like decided how many points your game is going to be.
We can tell other people about - having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future.
yoritomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 18:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The BGB refers to Detachments, my theory is that you should be able to field a fluff-wise company/cadre/host in one detachement, if your fielding two companies use two detachments, three use three and so on, then they can't really complain.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 18:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoritomo
Contrary to popular belief, there is no point value where you start to use a second FOC. The rulebook says that the FOC becomes a limiting factor over 2000 points. It never says to start a new one once you start to feel limited (especially when the FOC is supposed to limit you).

The choice of how many FOC that you will use in a battle is a choice you and your opponent must make before you start a game. It's best to treat it like decided how many points your game is going to be.
Thank you! It drives me potty seeing so many self-perpetuating myths on these forums. I can only assume they exist because people just take their mate's word for it and then pass it on as gospel. I don't mind people who read but don't understand; it's the people who don't read the rules for themselves but pass on their 'knowledge' as fact that bug me. :

Oh, I'm rambling...er, in short, I'm just posting to back up yoritomo. He's right. :P
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 18:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

As yoritomo said, there is no minimum points limit for multiple FoC charts. However, it is reccomended you wait to use multiples for 2,500 and more points, as any less and some real cheesy lists could be created. If I played a 2,000 and my opponent wanted 2 FoC lists I'd probally reply with a "Heeeeell no" and suspect him of trying some sly force lists. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2007, 01:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That's just it, the rulebook never suggests you play with more than one FOC. The rulebook says if you want to play an exceptionally large game than you should agree on how many FOCs you should use.

I suppose "exceptionally large" is a personal interpretation, but to me 2,000 points isn't exceptionally large. Heck, I wouldn't count 2,500 points as exceptionally large.
We can tell other people about - having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future.
yoritomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2007, 17:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

We should probably wait until that Apocalypse or whatever codex comes out (you know, the one that GW is making for exceptionally big games). That will probably clarify what GW intends for games that take more than one FoC or run at 2000, 2500, 3000+ points.

- Abdul Alhazred, The Mad Arab of Cthulhu Lore, on the subject of Chaos Tau [link]

"Zomg, teh Tau are teh evil bastardz, they suk at life."
copy and paste this into your sig if you hate Tau.

Proud member of Team CMAP - DON'T HOLD BACK- The time has come to- GALVANIZE!
Floobosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote