Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I'm losing interest...
Old 27 Apr 2007, 02:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default I'm losing interest...

I've recently been spending less time on 40k, and this is my first time on TO in about a month. I suspect my recent addiction to airsoft has something to do with it, as well as my inability to glue my biovore's together (I HATE metal models). Have any of you ever experienced a lapse in your 40k zeal? And how did you bounce back? I really don't want to stop playing 40k, but my interest is waning.
Because they're all controlled by me.
VanderBleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2007, 02:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Zenith_XS
Default Re: I'm losing interest...

Sure, I had a loss of intrest that lasted about 5 years. What sparked it again was one of my friends saying to me "have you ever heard of Warhammer 40000?". Thats when I opened up my vaults and began the extensive repairs on my rather dilapidated armies.

Try finding new people to play with, it keeps things intresting.

PS: I feel your pain in gluing tyranids together. The previous edition models were horrible!

~Sybaris, High Archon of the Bleeding Dragon Kabal

[br]Click here to feed me a fruit!
Zenith_XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2007, 02:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Airsoft? Airsoft? Doesn't that mean you have to go *gasp* outside? And....move? I normally try to limit my movement to lifting miniatures to put them back in my cases. And I only go outside when it's dark - that bright ball in the sky hurts my eyes. :P

Honestly, it's perfectly natural to loose interest in something for a time. You'll probably come back to it down the road and say "hmm those miniatures look cool." I was away from wargaming altogether for 5 years and away from 40K even longer.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2007, 03:25   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I almost stopped collecting when all of my friends stopped playing. But then I realized... its not all about gaming. So I decided that fluff-writing and simply building and painting an army (Or armies, as it turned out) was the way to go for me.

Hopefully I will start gaming again sometime in the future.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2007, 03:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Rev_Enge(spc)

I've been (and still am) on a computer gaming binge that takes away from my 40k time. I expect I'll bounce back when I decide to finish my Shas'o model or hammerhead.

Leastaways, for me, I have readily availible opponents in the area when I get back on track.

"In war, laws are silent"
Rev_Enge(spc) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2007, 03:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Just becaue you've lost interest dosen't mean you have to drop the hobby all together. We all have to make choices about how we spend our time. When x-mas rolled around I dicided to spend more time play my new xbox 360, rather then work on my army, and I hardly ever get to work on my army with so much school work. But I know that later on, when I do have free time, I'll probably spend some of it on 40K because it's something I enjoy, and after a long pause, I'll probalby have the drive to get some more things done.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 04:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderBleek
I've recently been spending less time on 40k, and this is my first time on TO in about a month. I suspect my recent addiction to airsoft has something to do with it, as well as my inability to glue my biovore's together (I HATE metal models). Have any of you ever experienced a lapse in your 40k zeal? And how did you bounce back? I really don't want to stop playing 40k, but my interest is waning.
Several times over the better part of a decade.

That's how everything is in life. So like any game you invest in, or anything for that matter, hang on to it. If it slows, fine, shelf it. But it's there when you're ready to come back. That's the fun of it not being an online game that is dead and gone. Board/tabletop games exist and stay forever. So don't drop them.

Cheers,
Old 27 Apr 2007, 04:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

The current trend toward reducing options in codexes is actually getting me into a WHFB mood in the last few days, which is something that hasn't happened for a while
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2007, 04:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

I had two things that ripped me from 40k. Instant Gratification and Homework (both, incidentally, work well together.)

So, now that I am starting to have time (Last 16 days of school left ^.^) I am going to be building my 40k up again. Also, now that I have a crusade to collect tutorials, I can use all of that extra time to my advantage.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2007, 05:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

1. You'll probably come back to the game as a whole, if not to that specific army.

2. When you come back, your rulebooks will probably be outdated. If you're going to sell stuff off for cash and box the army up for a while, sell the books. They don't require repainting when you come back, either.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote