Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What size Table do you play on?
Closed Thread
Old 03 Feb 2005, 18:10   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default What size Table do you play on?

we usually play on a 40' by 40' table. sometimes smaller. I always suggest that we try a bigger table, but everyone i play with says thats the size your supposed to play on. It just seems odd that railguns have 70" but will never shoot that far =p

Also do you guys play senerios? we almost always do 2 on 2 teams. 4 turns short random game length. With victory points. Just kill as much as you can =p

i want to play on a crazy big table personally, i think it would make the range of guns come into effect more and i think it would make deep striking way more important. as it is with the way we play deep striking isnt really worth it.

Later fellas
happy gaming
O0
Old 03 Feb 2005, 18:37   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe
Default Re: What size Table do you play on?

I play on a tables sized one. In all honesty, it depends on the size of the board.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 03 Feb 2005, 19:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

There are times when I've looked at the armies that have turned up, looked at the table and just thought, waay too small.
So, in that case it's pick a rug an use that as the board, works well when one of your friends in in a wheelchair and can't stand over the table.

Old 03 Feb 2005, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

At the gaming club i attend most tables are 4ftX4ft, which is pretty standard for 1000 point games.

The same goes for my two local GW's.

At home i have a rug which is exactly 6ftX4ft. Perfect tournie size and great for most battles particularly ones that are 1000+. (4 ft deep).

I also have a narrow table which is about 3ftX5ft which is good when representing something like a large road, bridge etc.

Old 04 Feb 2005, 07:37   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I traditionally for 1500 and 1850 play on 6ft by 4ft. This size the standard size for RTTs and Conflict tournaments as well. Anything bigger than 1850 I play 8 by 4 ft. I once played a gigantic battle though on the floor of a conference room. It waws a good 20 ft by 20 ft. Earthshaker cannon takes on a whole new meaning when it can actually shoot at things 120" away.
Old 04 Feb 2005, 08:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I usually only get to play on 4'x4', but IMO it should be 4'x4' for 1000-1500 and 6'x6' for 1500-2500.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 04 Feb 2005, 11:54   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

6 by 6 would make it kinda hard to reach the center. 4 by 4 in 1500 point games can give an advantage to close combat armies. My opinion though.
Old 04 Feb 2005, 13:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Brother-Captain

It does Mudd trust me... a Khorne regular at our store just loves to live it up as he runs across the short board very easily, ironicly I never see him standing by the longer tables, and actually said he needed to get something to eat when I challenged him to a battle, and started setting up terrain on the big ones!

Anyway, it all depends in 500-800 and sometimes 1000 but thats cutting it we play on a 4' by 4' sized table, we use this for stuff like cleanse, or for city fight in games of up to 1,200 mostly. In larger games we use a 4' by 6' table, mostly for 1000-1500 and the big'un 6' by 6' foot twin table for 2000 point games, then if we need bigger (lets say 3,000 to 4,000 meat grinder mission!) we play with both 6' by 6' next to each other in a giant 12' by 6'. the biggest game i've ever played with a 6,000 point battle this last weekend, it took eight hours, we actually had the game store guys protect our stuff untill we could come back the next day and finish it.

"Death is but a passing into a new existance, Heresy is the only true form of death, as it leads to damnation." -Attributed to Cheif Librarian Varcus

If you feel like striking up a good conversation, Warhammer related or otherwise, contact me on my AIM name (Specter Zerus)
Old 04 Feb 2005, 13:51   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

My most common size I play on is 8ft x 6ft. I find bigger the table the more enjoyable and tactical a game, you dont just sit there and slog it back and fowards. Troops which normally remain stationary (such as Devastators)will find themselves moving up and using APC more often. So size does count, lol.
Old 04 Feb 2005, 18:26   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

My club uses 48"x48". My home table is either 72"x48" or 108"x42". I can also use a 36"x48", but I don't do that often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Closed Thread