Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle Report: SM vs CSM, 2500pts, Pitched battle, very Brutal !!!
Closed Thread
Old 10 Jul 2004, 16:11   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to AncientTortalus
Default Battle Report: SM vs CSM, 2500pts, Pitched battle, very Brutal !!!

2500pts Pitched battle
Ultramarines vs Chaos Space Marines

Note:

The TVR, but not the TAR, was used in this battle.

Ultramarines
Captain

Ardias (T. honours, P. Axe, combi bolter melta) + Com squad (Vet Sarge w/ PF, vet with

Melta gun) in Razorback
Chaplain Karrack (Jump pack, Storm bolter, T. honours, Art.

Armour, FGs)
Tac Squad I – 10 men, Lascannon, Flamer, Vet with PF
Tac Squad II

– 10 men, Lascannon, Melta gun
Tac Squad IV – 10 men, Missile Launcher, Plasma

gun
Scout squad I – 10 men, CCWs, Vet with teleport homer
Terminator Squad III

– 6 men, LCs and TH/SS
Veteran Squad I – 10 men, CCWs, T. Honours, Vet with PW and

PP, Rhino w/ Smoke
Assault Squad – 10 men, Plasma pistol, Vet with PW and PP<br /

>Dev Squad I – 10 men, 2 Lascannons, and 2 Missile Launchers
Predator Annihilator –

Lascannon Sponsons, HKM

Chaos Space Marines
Bloodthirster
Chaos

Lieutenant – PW, BP, Melta bombs
8 Chosen Terminators – Combi melta, 2x Reaper

Autocannon
3 Obliterators
Chaos Space Marines I – 10 men, CCWs, furious charge,

Infiltrate, Asp. Champ w/
Chaos Space Marines II – 10 men, CCWs, furious charge,

Infiltrate, Asp Champ w/
Khorne Berserkers I – 10 men (lunatics), Rhino
Khorne

Berserkers II – 10 men (madmen)
Raptors – 10 men, Furious Charge
Havocs – 10

men, 2x Lascannon, 2x missile Launcher
Dreadnaught – Mutated hull, Plasma Cannon

Chaos Turn 1
First off both units of Khorne Berserkers failed their blood

frenzy roll, meaning that squad 1 disembarked and moved an extra 4”, and squad 2 ran

forward an extra 5”. Reasonably bad start for the loyalists then.

Other than

this, the whole Chaos army advance with the exception of the Havocs who remained on top

of their hill.

Opening the shooting phase, the Obliterators managed to get

three lascannon hits on the predator, but failed to do any damage whatsoever! The Havocs

then targeted the predator succeeding in immobilising it; and destroying its main gun, (

stunning it as well due to the TVR). The Raptors managed to kill a scout with their

pistols while the Terminators unleashed a hail of Autocannon shots at the Razorback,

destroying it outright, and taking one member of the command squad with it. The

Dreadnaught targeted Tac II on the hill with its Plasma cannon, felling one. All in all a

fairly painful turn for the Ultramarines, but it could have been worse.
<br /

>Ultramarine Turn 1
The Command Squad was pinned and therefore unable to move but

the Veterans disembarked and advanced. The Assault squad held back for the time being.

Everything else held their positions and prepared to fire.

Tac III opened up

killing three of the approaching Khorne Berserkers. Tac II failed to kill any of CSM

squad I. The Devastators managed to kill a single terminator, and the Scouts shot one

Raptor in return for their comrade. The Veterans opened up with their pistols and killed

another two Raptors. The Predator was unfortunately stunned and therefore unable to fire

this turn.

Chaos Turn 2
Once again everything advanced, except for the

havocs. While the Bloodthirster tore its way out of a Khorne Berserker champion right in

front of Tac IV. The Raptors actually jumped over the top of the veterans and the command

Squad, ending up between them and the Assault Squad.

The Khorne Berserkers

shot one of Tac IV, while CSM I killed 2 of Tac II. The Obliterators once again failed

miserably, failing to kill any of Tac II with 3 Heavy Bolters. The Havocs blew the Storm

Bolter off the rhino, and the Raptors failed to harm the Assault Marines with a barrage

of pistol fire. The Terminators turned their guns on the unlucky scouts, killing five of

them; but they bravely they held their ground. CSM II meanwhile failed to harm the

veterans.

This turn saw the opening of the many and bloody assaults of the

game. With CSM I and The Lieutenant charging the Devastators, the Bloodthirster charging

Tac IV (poor buggers), and the Raptors and Terminators charging the Veterans. Three

Devastators were killed, and the rest fell back right to the board edge. The CSMs

consolidated into Tac II. The Bloodthirster hacked left and right with its axe, felling a

Marine with every stroke. I mean that literally. 6 attacks. 6 dead Marines. Ouch. The

remainder fell back and the Bloodthirster consolidated into the front of the predator.

The Raptors and Terminators did not fair so well however, killing two vets, and losing

three raptors and one terminator! The Terminators scarpered in the face of such

resistance, leaving the Raptors to their fate.

Ultramarines Turn 2
The

Scouts moved to help the Veterans in their fight, while the Assault Marines and Command

squad moved on CSM II. Tac I also counterattacked, moving to help Tac II.
<br /

>Luckily the Devastators were just outside 6” from the Chaos attackers and so they were

able to regroup. They now turned their guns on the Terminators again, killing one. Tac IV

was also able to have regrouped and they now opened up on the towering Bloodthirster,

wounding it with their Missile Launcher. The Predator had to move backwards as the Daemon

was so close that neither of its Sponson weapons could target it. This meant it could

only fire one of them, which failed to harm the beast.

The Assault Marines and

Command Squad charged CSM II, failing to kill any and losing two Assault Marines in the

process. Both Squads passed their morale checks however and the fight continued. Tac

squads I and II managed to kill four of their enemies, but also lost four in return. They

then lost the Morale High Ground, but both squads passed their morale checks. The Scouts

charged into combat with the Veterans and Raptors, and between the Veterans and Scouts, 3

Raptors were killed for the loss of one Veteran. The Raptors fell back and would be

unable to regroup, being below half strength.

Chaos Turn 3
The

Terminators moved towards the Assault Marines, and the Bloodthirster moved into a

position from where it could charge either the Predator or the remains of Tac IV. The

Obliterators, Khorne Berserkers and Dreadnaught all continued to advance.

The

Havocs failed to harm the Predator this turn, dooming it to a more violent death at the

hands of the Bloodthirster. The Terminators killed the Rhino with their Autocannons, and

the Dreadnaught felled two veterans and one scout with a blast from its plasma cannon.

The Scouts then fled 3”. Obliterators actually killed something this turn, but it was

only two devastators, and the remainder held their ground.

The Bloodthirster

despatched the Predator in a great ball of fire that left itself unwounded but killed a

marine from Tac IV, and then consolidated into the three surviving marines from that

unfortunate squad. Tac Squads I and II managed to kill three of their enemies this turn,

losing only one guy and the CSMs promptly fled the combat. The two tactical squads

consolidated, sorting themselves out into firing lines. The Terminators charged into

combat with the Assault marines. The chaplain and Captain between them killed four CSMs,

while the Assault Marines and the Captains Bodyguards killed a further three. The CSMs

killed none, but the Terminators killed four Assault marines, and almost wounded the

chaplain himself, but he was saved by his Rosarius. The Terminators and the Chaos Space

Marines all held their ground.

Ultramarines Turn 3
By this point in the

Game, you would think that the Terminators would have landed by now, and thankfully they

did. But it was still almost too late. Unfortunately they scattered into a rather awkward

place, nowhere near anyone, in particular they were too far away from the Havocs (their

intended target) to reach them before turn 5.

The Veterans and Scouts moved

towards the ever-increasing combat involving the Chaos Terminators, Command Squad,

Assault Marines, and CSM II.

Tac Squads I and II along with the Devastators

targeted the Dreadnaught with their heavy weapons, managing to stun it. The Terminator

Sergeant who had just arrived shot his storm Bolter at the Havocs, actually managing to

kill one!

The veterans assaulted the Terminators and CSM II but the Scouts

were out of range. The Ultramarines in the combat killed the last three of CSM II and two

Terminators, for the loss of 5 men, and a wound off the Chaplain. All three Squads pass

their Morale checks, and they closed in on the last three Terminators. The Bloodthirster

finished off the last two of Tac IV without any undue fuss.

Chaos Turn 4
The Bloodthirster leapt up the hill from the side while one unit of Khorne Berserkers

failed Blood Frenzy again gaining an extra inch of movement, and charged (along with the

other unit up the front of the hill. The Obliterators move to a position from where they

can target the Terminators.

Between them the Havocs and Obliterators managed

to kill only one of the Terminators. CSM Squad I fired as they fled, managing to kill one

of Tac I. The Khorne Berserker squad that had not Blood frenzied also targeted Tac I, but

failed to harm them.

The Bloodthirster felled the remaining five of Tac I

without suffering a wound, and then consolidated into the devastators. The leading unit

of Khorne Berserkers charged Tac II, killing the last four and losing only one in the

process. The Com Squad, Veteran and Assault Marines finished off the last three

Terminators before advancing towards the Havocs.

Ultramarines Turn 4
The

Terminators and Scouts both advanced towards the Havocs, while the Veterans and Command

Squad charged the Havocs. They managed to kill two and lost none in return but the havocs

held their ground. The Assault Marines and Chaplain charged the Obliterators, managing to

inflict a single wound, but in return two are pummelled to death by the Obliterators

power fists leaving only the Veteran Sergeant and the wounded Chaplain. The Marines held

their Ground and the fight continued. The Bloodthirster killed only two devastators, but

the last two inflicted no injury and then fled off the table so it had the same effect!

It then swept towards the scouts.

Chaos Turn 5
The Bloodthirster charged

the scouts, the second unit of Khorne Berserkers and the Dreadnaught charged the Assault

Marine Sergeant and the chaplain (talk about overkill!). The Bloodthirster now killed the

Scouts, while the Obliterators finished off the Chaplain and Assault Marine. The Khorne

Berserkers swept towards the Command squad and veterans who were attacking the attacking

the Havocs. That combat was fairly inconclusive with neither side gaining the upper hand

Ultramarines Turn 5
The Terminators moved towards the Bloodthirster, while

the Command squad and Veterans killed four more Havocs for no loss. The Havocs passed

their Morale check.

Chaos Turn 6
The Bloodthirster took up the challenge

and charged towards the Terminators, while the Dreadnaught and Khorne Berserkers moved

onto the hill.

The Obliterators felled another Terminator with three

lascannons, but the Dreadnaught kissed them completely.

The Khorne Berserkers

charged the Command squad and Veterans killing a couple for a couple of losses in return,

this fight ended in a stalemate, but with the Marines surrounded and outnumbered, they

wouldn’t last. The Bloodthirster meanwhile crashed into the Terminators killing three,

and losing one wound. The last terminator fled and was cut down by the pursuing Daemon.

Ultramarines Turn 6
The Khorne Berserkers cut down the last few veterans

and the Captain.

Result: Rather severe victory for chaos who had all the

quarters (800vps all on its own!) and had wiped out my army. Doh. That pesky

Bloodthirster… It killed the Predator plus wiped out or finished off no less than five

squads! All on its own! Anyway it was an entertaining battle, and was hard fought by both

of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

--

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, any comments/critisms are welcome.

If you liked this why not check out my others on my website at: www.freewebs.com/

keepersofultramar

Thanks for reading

&gt;COURAGE AND HONOUR!

Please visit my site: www.freewebs.com/41stmillenium
Old 10 Jul 2004, 16:40   #2 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

Default Re: Battle Report: SM vs CSM, 2500pts, Pitched battle, very Brutal!!!

Whoa huge. Dont have time now, but I cant wait to read it.

I never lose, I choose not to win.

There are two types of people, those who like chocolate and communists.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
Old 10 Jul 2004, 16:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

painful!

Wasn&#39;t there a battle report section on the forums?
Old 10 Jul 2004, 16:47   #4 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

used to be. Isn&#39;t any more.

Old 10 Jul 2004, 19:27   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Maybe we should get it back then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 10 Jul 2004, 20:17   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

It sounds very large, just from the title... Clearly an epic for your Khornate

champions! Now replace the Bloodthirster with Lord Arnell and thats how much pretty how

my battles go with my Khorne...
Old 11 Jul 2004, 19:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Zedd

This makes me fear Bloodthirsters even more.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:47   #8 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

[

quote author=Wargamer link=topic=608.msg7359#msg7359 date=1089484046]
Maybe we

should get it back then...
[/quote]

No one used it.

Old 16 Jul 2004, 17:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

And its unlikely anyone will, so for now, General 40k or Tactics for Battle

Reports.
Closed Thread