Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tournaments?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:41   #1 (permalink)
Tau Tau

Default Tournaments?

Are there any tournament archetypes? Ok, sorry, I've spent to much time playing mtg...okay, how bout-
Are there any main tournament armies? Thanx.

Old 11 Jan 2005, 22:32   #2 (permalink)
Tau Tau

Default Re: Tournaments?

Bump.

Old 12 Jan 2005, 00:07   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hey there,

tournaments armies are wide and varied. It really depends on the tournamanet attending. What I mean is at a GT you probably have a greater chance of playing a Space Marine army than any other especially with the new codex. Now the Space Maarine armies are varied as well so no two most likely will ever be the same. At RTT tournies it really depends on who plays what in the area. There are a couple army types that are common in other armies though such as Necrons: the Phalanx and Eldar the Biel Tan army though even both of these can have some variance. There are some units which are more common than others like Wraithlords. One of the things that will become common if they are legal for RTTs and GTs are Space Marine drop pod armies. But we shall see.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 00:28   #4 (permalink)
Tau Tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaselMudd
Hey there,

tournaments armies are wide and varied.* It really depends on the tournamanet attending.* What I mean is at a GT you probably have a greater chance of playing a Space Marine army than any other especially with the new codex.* Now the Space Maarine armies are varied as well so no two most likely will ever be the same.* At RTT tournies it really depends on who plays what in the area.* There are a couple army types that are common in other armies though such as Necrons: the Phalanx and Eldar the Biel Tan army though even both of these can have some variance.* There are some units which are more common than others like Wraithlords.* One of the things that will become common if they are legal for RTTs and GTs are Space Marine drop pod armies.* But we shall see.
Gt? RTT?

Also, do you have to use forge world drop pods normally? I haven't finished the codex, just got it an hour ago, sorry.

Thanx.

Old 13 Jan 2005, 01:51   #5 (permalink)
Tau Tau

...alright I'm not trying to spam but I REALLY can't find much info anywhere else so-

Bump.

Old 13 Jan 2005, 03:29   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Sorry I can only looks at this during the night,

RTT is Rogue Trader Tournament, these are the smaller tournies around usually held by an independent retailer store. In North Carolinia we have several stores that run tournaments on different weekends during the month. These are usually one day and you will play 3 to 4 games in one tournament. The tourney has 4 awards overall, best army, best sportsman, and best painted.

A Grand Tournament is the big shabang. A weekend of gaming. Usually consists of 5 to 6 games and lots of gaming in between. Also there is a painting competition now. I think though they actually call them Conflicts now. There is Baltimore Conflict coming up in Feb and I will probably go to St. Louis Conflict. Thats in the US but I do believe they have them all over the world especially in the UK.

I have been in RTTs that have ranged from 6 people to 75 so they tend to vary. Most GTs or Conflicts will have 75 or more people so you can expect a big range of people to play against.

If you want more info go the the GW website and look under the community subheading. It should allow you to look up RTTs in your area.

Good luck and a hardy WWWWAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!
Old 14 Jan 2005, 02:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

And In GT's, always bring either a book or a game boy as it's gonna get very boring having to wait an hour every turn.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Closed Thread