Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Necrons and Tyranids
Old 19 Sep 2006, 01:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Necrons and Tyranids

Okay, so if I'm not mistaken, the necrons where previously undiscovered, and are very old. Now, the Tyranids where also unknown and very ancient.

now what if there is a connection between the 2? could the Tyranids be the servants of the necrons. both could be the ancient war machines of the ancient civilization that created the necrons.
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2006, 01:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak
Default Re: Necrons and Tyranids

Good idea, but I seriously doubt it for two main reasons. One, from the Tyrands fluff, it implys that they came from a complete other Galaxy/Universe place (not even on the 40k spectrum, and I dont know the appropriat word). The other is that the necrons were 'enslaved' (though I prefer the term 'harnesses&#39 by the Ctan TO do battle on another race (or so they could, the limited necron fluff isnt very clear). However, there isnt any connection currently.

However, you do pose an interesting theory. Of the two remaining C'tan, one I for one (and others) are convinced he is the 'machine god' of the Imperium. This is the dragon. The other, the 'outsider' does not have any connection to fluff, and is not talked about besides being an 'outsider'. Sou, it is quite logical that he could have fled to the tyrandis place/realm (again, if someone knows the term, please help) and either created them or fought them and sent them here.

So, while your initial theory is probably incorect, you do pose a very viable different one that is food for thought. Thanks!

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2006, 01:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The Outsider is in this galaxy - he's been residing in a Dyson sphere for the last bajillion years.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2006, 11:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, Tyranids are more likely a failed bio-weapon.
Heck, we probably won't ever know..........
Old 19 Sep 2006, 19:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah, thoug some people think that The Outsider is controlling the 'Nids because the path of a Hive Fleet went out of the way to avoid the Dyson Sphere. But I just think that they didn't want to mess with a crazy star god.

Hive Mind 1-Hey, theres some crazy powerful thing that warps reality itself and is practically a god, want to go check it out?

Hive Mind 2-Nah thats okay, I'd rather go see what the Segmentum Solar is up to than mess with that guy.

* The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

~Uthan the Perverse.
marine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2006, 21:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Necron
Theory #1 That the Necrons are a war weapon that turned against their creators.
Theory #2 Necrons are an Ancient race that have become what they are today.

The whole 4 gods thing allows for future expansion of the army. It also allows for some plot holes to be filled in later

Tyranid
Theory #1 They are an expeditionary force for an other galaxy where they rule.
Theory #2 They are an expeditionary force for an other galaxy where they were wiped out and ran here.

On a side note I think Necrons and Tyranid are the most broken armies in the game.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 21:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The Nids ignored the Outsider because he resides somewhere with absolutely no organic stuff. Useless to the Tyranids. Sure, they might have noticed something there, but just thought "Nah, it's probably nothing. That whole system is lifeless. Besides, we've got this big plan already worked out for smashing the Impies which we're on a really tight schedule for."

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2006, 07:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

: Talon Karrde, the Necrons already have a confirmed backstory. They originally fought the Old Ones, then discovered the C'tan. The C'tan turned the Necrontyr into robots and used 'em to chase off the Old Ones. Then they went all dormant for a few million years.

When you think about it, the C'tan are creatures of living metal and kinetic energy, they can't make or control creatures, due to being so different.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 07:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon Karrde
Tyranid
Theory #1 They are an expeditionary force for an other galaxy where they rule.
Theory #2 They are an expeditionary force for an other galaxy where they were wiped out and ran here.
I'd like to think of them as being like the Radam in the anime Tekkaman Blade.

The aliens you see, monstrous insect-like swarms that are designed to fight in several ways, are merely the meatshield shock troops that wear down an enemy for a greater force behind. They're nothing at all but the slaves that do the dirty work for the true Tyranid creatures...whatever they are.

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2006, 07:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Tyranids, according to a bunch of fluffwriting in the past ( all unconfirmed) , are merely Galaxy-spanning Pack Animals. They wander the stars, hunting new sources of food and biomass.

And now they've sampled a lovely thing called human.