Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

next expansion
Closed Thread
Old 28 Aug 2006, 23:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default next expansion

Annyone care to geuss what the next expansion will be? my mony is on combat in zero gravity.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 00:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: next expansion

This might belong in the Rumours/Suggestions board...but mayhap here still?

I'd really like to see alternative rules for fighting in ships...much like old Space Crusade. They do have rules for that in Combat Patrol and Kill-Team, but still...fighting in a ship or space station would be pretty damn badarse, I just don't think it's common enough for an expansion...though a Chapter Approved article would be great.

Jungles are covered before...and cities are an obvious choice. There's still toxic wastelands, icy tundras, fiery deserts and so on to fight over...but that's why you just use your imagination without a huge new rule change. Still, as I said, a Chapter Approved article for anything would be nice...if only to put something interesting in White Dwarf.

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 29 Aug 2006, 00:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I could actually see that. Imperial armour 4 has complex fighting rules- I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them borrowed for a codex.

Codex: Claustrophobia!
Old 29 Aug 2006, 00:51   #4 (permalink)
General Stupidity

I would like to see rules for Daemonworlds in a proper codex like CoD. I know there was a WD on this but not everybody would have access to it. There should be a codex on different world like "Codex Battlefields of 40k" and should include death worlds, lava worlds, daemon words, forge worlds and so on.

Old 29 Aug 2006, 01:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird III
I could actually see that. Imperial armour 4 has complex fighting rules- I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them borrowed for a codex.

Codex: Claustrophobia!
I've heard about it, but not many people get the Forge World books...

Ever since I played 40k, I wanted to see a full-on BATTLE in a space station or ship like Space Crusade. I don't think they're common enough to ever really happen at all...outside of Combat Patrol or Kill-Team...but that installation codex sounds very interesting. Who hasn't thought of fighting in actual buildings or towns or corridors...like in all those sci-fi movies?

In the Imperial Guard Codex, there's a little regiment called the 512th Cadian (Orbital Defence Detail) and this made me imagine Imperial Guardsmen fighting hopelessly in some orbital complex...though, as I think more about it now, it probably just refers to men specifically attached to defence laser batteries :-\

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 29 Aug 2006, 11:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm not sure orbital battle is not covered pretty well by CoD - you have the same (and worse) close-quarters instant mayhem, boobytraps, and whatnots.
The odd rule would be exterior bulkheads, which instakill all units in the compartment stupid/unlucky enough to use str4+ weapons in the area >

So what we're looking for is a setting that is covered by the Big Book and CoD already, but that can be expanded ruleswise -and possible to use on a board. Zero gravity sound fun, but I just can't see how it would be implemented unless you use plexiglass or something similar.
(picture moving grots between the 3rd and 4th level on a 6x4)

Play with fire - get burned ... play with concrete - get cured
Old 29 Aug 2006, 12:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I definitely agree with a codex for close quarter fighting in space stations /bunkers/PDM silos/cave systems. But i also think that there should be rules governing additional off map support e.g. off map seeker missiles for xx pts or x amount of artillery strikes for XXX pts.
Also rules for players to customise their leaders with special abilities or better stats for xx pts. or create their own independent characters to bring more flavour and uniqueness to your army.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 21:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

installations are extremely hard to build and only favor CC armies.

special rules for Deamon worlds, forge worlds etc. would be sweet.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 22:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Isn't the next "expansion" Codex: Apocalypse. It will be rules for large games using 3000+ points, and adding things like warmachine scale weapons to your armies.

More details in the rumours board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Closed Thread