Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need some input for a new army
Closed Thread
Old 17 Jul 2006, 16:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Need some input for a new army

Well I am almost done my Tau and wondering what army to start next. Its between Dark Eldar, Eldar, Nurgle, Slanneshi, or Word Bearers. I want an army that is able to use the most tactics and easy painting and good convertion posibilitys.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 18:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak
Default Re: Need some input for a new army

Well, for good tactics, you want eldar/dark eldar. However, they are not easily painted, and Chaos has a lot more cool conversion stuff. Your choice.

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Old 17 Jul 2006, 20:07   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Out of those choices I'd have to say Eldar. The stuff people are saying about what is in the new Codex make them sound even more tactically flexible then they are now. Depending on the model painting can be tough, the figures can be quite detailed, but I've seen some nice paint jobs that look good on the tabletop. Converting them I'n not too knowledgable about, the only thing I've done with Eldar is paint a squad of Dark Reapers and make a Farseer on a jetbike.
Old 18 Jul 2006, 01:52   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

DARK ELDAR. im not saying this because they have the slowest board here [size=1pt]ok i am, but sshhhh[/size]. besides, they have the coolest models (in my opinion), conversions are rather easy and more cool/sadistic when you have a good idea in your head. and, just a little secret, they arent that hard to paint (but remember, ssshhhh)

Old 18 Jul 2006, 19:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, your intent and options match up. IMO, Chaos has some of the absolute best painting/modeling/converting opportunities in the game. Literally every model can have conversions and even those that don't often look like they do. Eldar value tactics more than any other race save maybe Dark Eldar. If you screw up with Eldar, more often than not you will die. If you play with Dark Eldar and do not posses the strategic abilities of God, you will die more often than not. Both should be fun armies, just not my style. When it comes down to it, I would pick the Eldar becuase they can have some really amazing modeling opportunities without sacrificing the need for strategy and gameply. Chaos is by far my favorite race for modeling, painting, and converting but is often overpowered whe it actually comes to gameplay.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 18 Jul 2006, 20:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Modelwise, I don't think that you can go wrong (except some of the goofier DE).

Tacticwise, after Tau, I would go Chaos. They are tough, strong and own in close combat (everything Tau is not).

But maybe you shouldn't listen to me. I went from Tau to Guard. My all girls army beats up on these guys in close combat. How embarrassing is that for those macho Shas'uis and vetran seargents?
Old 19 Jul 2006, 04:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

well 1st things 1st, why did you start playing tau ???
2nd. what is your playing stile ??? do you like the tau shooting stile or do you want to try a combat army or something that is 50/50 ???

once you've worked this out choose the best army that matches those answers

our advanced research has concluded the fowling things
1. all good things come to an end
2. the universe doesn't end there for it is evil
3. the grater good will die, so enjoy it while it lasts
4. George bush will be the president of the USA for ever and ever
Old 20 Jul 2006, 15:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Okay I narrowed it down to Dark Eldar, Nurgle.
Old 20 Jul 2006, 15:58   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
DARK ELDAR. ...... besides, they have the coolest models (in my opinion),

Yikes, seriously? I find them to be the ugliest model in the entire catalogue of GW minis
Old 20 Jul 2006, 18:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, if you think that you have the tactical and strategical ability of the Emperor himself then play DE. I would personally love to see somebody play them. I always wanted to be able to but I am no where near where I need to be in terms of tactical ability. The other reason that I say Dark Eldar is the fact that I hate Nurgle. The models make me sick and the army, wargear, and fluff all bore me to tears. Then again, if you really like painting festering wounds, disease, and exposed entrails then the unclean of Nurgle are for you. JMO

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Closed Thread