Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Has anyone played an game?
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Has anyone played an game?

Well, i brought up this topic because I find it pretty embarassing I havent even played a real game.

I started warhammer 40k around March, and its been like 4 months and I still havent played a single "real" game, im talking legitimate rules (ive played one where no points, no morale).

Also, I still barely have a 1000 point army. I've been spending so much time painting/assembling my models that I havent even had a real game yet.

Im just wondering, is this the same with other warhammer 40k players?
From the adventures of Tiny tim and Wargamer, a epic story.
AIM: CreepyDope

Armies I'd like to start next:
Imperial Guard
Tyranid
Orkz
Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk
Default Re: Has anyone played an game?

Well I think most gamers get into the game by playing either with their friends armies, or being shown at GW, dont worry if you havent played a game, some of us game without painting our armies first, to get the feel of things.

Just go to your Local GW (on preferably saturdays) and ask someone for a game, telling them your new and dont know the rules (they should hopefully help you, if not they dont deserve to be a gamer) and also buy the rulebook and read it (if you have I apologise)

Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

That really depends, i had my first game when i finished my 1k tau army, but lots of people like to play 400/500 pt games with battle company rules. i do remember having mini games with half a dozen firewariors fighting another half a dozen. If you only just started your first army then making/painting it usually takes a little longer and its not unusual to spend a few months getting ready. Often when you first get into 40k it takes a while before you get into a steady routine of playing regularly as you have to find opponents and places to play.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:38   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Don't feel too bad about it, I've got four armies and haven't played a game in years.

(I know I have five listed, but I don't actually have WitchHunters yet, so I didn't count them.)
Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

We always follow proper rules ingame, but before and after tends to fall apart - when we play at the hobby shop with over four people, there's barely room to move, and with only two tables there's always people milling about with nothing to realy occupy them.

Alot of the time we simply deploy without rolling missions or setting up squads in order, and just go by VP or table quarters for the victor - morale and the like we still follow, however, so the games in themselves are pretty legit.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 21:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby

I dont play as many games as I would like.

Last year, when I was still at school, a friend and me had the half day of weekly on wednesday.

So we almost played a game every week.
I just started an imperial guard army and he played orcs.

He still got his orcs, I bought Tau and got about 1500 pts in my closet but got 500 pts playable.

Now that we both got holiday ( well he works for his holiday ) but now we start playing against each other again.

And theres an event from a dutch forum wich holds a tournament 1000 to 1500 pts about 4 times a year.

I can borrow a tau army from another player there so until Im done with mine I can at least get 4 games a year
Old 13 Jul 2006, 23:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

wow, I feel bad now. I get upset if I don't play at least once a week, and that is almost always at least 1500 pts.

Don't know what I would do if I had to wait that long or play those low a point games...
Old 14 Jul 2006, 01:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

wow i used to play with my friends several times a week. now that GW has ****ed up so much we have moved on to D&D though.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 02:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipingRanger
Well, i brought up this topic because I find it pretty embarrassing I haven't even played a real game.

I started warhammer 40k around March, and its been like 4 months and I still haven't played a single "real" game, I'm talking legitimate rules (Ive played one where no points, no morale).

Also, I still barely have a 1000 point army. I've been spending so much time painting/assembling my models that I haven't even had a real game yet.

I'm just wondering, is this the same with other warhammer 40k players?
Same with me.

Yes the shameful truth, the monke you all know and respect has played one "real" game during his entire hobby experience. Nah I'm kidding you don't all know/respect me

Don't worry though about not playing games on a daily basis. There are more aspects of the game than actual gaming. (P.S. don't forget your apostrophes)
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 14 Jul 2006, 14:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm in the camp that plays often. I had games Tuesday and Thursday night, probably tonight, and a tournament on Saturday, which will involve 3 games.

Closed Thread