Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Difficult area terrain and vehicles
Closed Thread
Old 15 Jun 2006, 17:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Difficult area terrain and vehicles

Having read the Cities of Death rulebook, I've learnt that ruins are classed as area terrain (difficult terrain by default...until someone puts a siege shell into it... >). Does that mean then that a vehicle can pass through it? Of course there's no problem with a vehicle crossing difficult terrain normally and there's no reason why it can't travel through ruins when there are no clear obstructions...but could a vehicle literally barge though a wall? I've just got this great image in my mind of a Vindicator smashing through a wall with it's dozer blade to unleash high explosive mayhem within.

It might be assumed that troops can do the same via finding windows and gaps in the wall, or otherwise making one with explosives?

Have I go this all wrong?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 18:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Difficult area terrain and vehicles

i dont have CoD but it was perfectly legal to shoot, drive, see, walk and spit through walls with Codex: Cityfight. infact, the only real purpose of walls was to holdup the level above it.

Old 15 Jun 2006, 18:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Having read the Cities of Death rulebook, I've learnt that ruins are classed as area terrain (difficult terrain by default...until someone puts a siege shell into it... >). Does that mean then that a vehicle can pass through it? Of course there's no problem with a vehicle crossing difficult terrain normally and there's no reason why it can't travel through ruins when there are no clear obstructions...but could a vehicle literally barge though a wall? I've just got this great image in my mind of a Vindicator smashing through a wall with it's dozer blade to unleash high explosive mayhem within.

It might be assumed that troops can do the same via finding windows and gaps in the wall, or otherwise making one with explosives?

Have I go this all wrong?
Since it is difficult terrain vehicles can drive through buildings, you just have to make the difficult terrain roll.

Secondly don't double post
Old 15 Jun 2006, 22:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ok, great, that's what I thought.

Sorry about the double post, I didn't even know I'd done it. My internet connection dropped again (happens constantly) and I thought it had all gone wrong before the thread had been posted. I'm assuming someone took care of the duplicate post? To be honest, what with it being a duplicate post and not a double post in the truest sense you can see it's clearly an accident, not a deliberate and inconsiderate action, so it's kinda pointless reprimanding me isn't it? :P
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 22:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

when a vehicle gos through ANY terrain it smashes its way through, that is why it has to take a difficult terrain testm to see if it can break through or not.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 00:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Exactly, if it cant break through its stuck and becomes immobolized. I think the idea is that the vehicle can maneuver around a bit to avoid large rubble and smash through weakened walls and infantry jump through windows, blast open holes or kick in doors to achieve the same end. Jump infantry might even go crashing through the roof you never know. Either way unless using wrecker everyone avoids key parts of the structure that hold it up and simply blast through unimportant wall/sections leaving the supports intact. A wrecker or those siege shells dont avoid those and smash them on purpose to bring down the building.

Closed Thread