Warhammer 40K Forum

How do people see you?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jun 2006, 07:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire
Default How do people see you?

I was just thinking. How do people see you when they find out you play 40k? Do they see you as the nerd, or like they used to. Do they see you as someone who has found a hobby, or a, dare I say it, '40 Year Old Virgin.' Just wondering,

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 11 Jun 2006, 07:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: How do people see you?

I'm the nice guy who, because of the circumstances, must dismantle your army.

Stand in an orderly line, no pushing or shoving please...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 11 Jun 2006, 07:58   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to bloodsucker

People think I'm wierd for playing warhammer and 40k same with parkspaz and people at school will try to step on our warhamer models on purpose as a joke it probably doesn't help im a brain in the class. Parkspaz might vouch for that but it's true.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Elcampbello

Quite frankly if you're aso concearned about what people think about you just don't ****ing tell them.

But to answer your question most people couldn't really give a crap.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah, in my experience it's only kids who are spiteful and vicious little creatures. They've got nothing else in their lives but their peers and what's going on around them, so they pick on other kids to make themselves look stronger. I hate kids.

But as you grow up and start earning money, your life fills up with all sorts of things and other people's weird hobbys don't mean much to you. Eventually, as you mature, you come to accept said hobbys because you realise that it doesn't matter whether or not you understand it; it makes that person happy...so let 'em have at it. Most adults are actually impressed by your ability to paint such tiny models with precision too; it's like some kind of unattainable magic to them! Most grown-ups either won't care one way or another that you play with toy soldiers or alternatively, they may be impressed by your talent.

Of course, no matter where you go, there will always be those same kids from school: The popular kids who neglected to learn anything in school and instead spent all their time making it a misery for the unpopular kids. These are the people who grow up to become builders and highway maintenance workers, forever doomed to handle pneumatic drills, drink lager and watch football. These people will never develop past the mental age of 17 and they will give you a hard time if they can. One can only assume it is some last ditch effort to validate themselves by devaluing others.

In case you can't tell, I was bullied at school, but a lot's changed since then. I've since done things with my life that those people I left behind will never do. And I've got the medals to prove it. They will never do the things I've done because they are too lazy, too scared, too stupid or too selfish to do them. So who's laughing now?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 11:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to comanchieflier

Well, at school, people taunt me for carrying around a fishing box. I ust ignore them and mutter just lound enough for them to hear. "In 10 years, you will be screaming in a torture rack....."
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezing
comanchieflier recieves a mobile phone that can only do "leet speak" messages.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 11:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by comanchieflier
Well, at school, people taunt me for carrying around a fishing box. I ust ignore them and mutter just lound enough for them to hear. "In 10 years, you will be screaming in a torture rack....."
O-K...there might be a reason people taunt you.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 13:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah, you should be telling them that in 10 years you'll own the company that they work for, and that you'll be the one able to fire their ass. then tell them they need to start sucking up now if they really want to keep their minimum wage job ;D

As for people that see me, well lets just say that I'm the one that most people want to come to their parties. wether I wargame or not doesn't really come up, and when it does they usually look at my models and ask how I painted it so well. I haven't gotten a negative response about the game from anyone but my mom (but then again what mother doesn't have something about their children that they want to change...or is that just me?)
Old 11 Jun 2006, 13:11   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Hm....this is fun.

Well, first thing first. When I play, weird things happen. lone ire warrior brings down dreadnough is one of them. Tau assaulting gaunts and won. getting assault by hive tyrant and win. So on and so forth.........

Yeah weird stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 13:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

I'm not someone who actively makes friends...I don't feel the compulsion or have a desire to...I know far too many people at work to talk to and have fun with even when I'm away from my real friends and family (almost all of whom are gamers of some kind or another and all of whom are NERDS, as it were)...so it's not a big deal to me. People that aren't my friends don't know me well enough to know what I do...and since I don't regularly game or model stuff anymore, it's not really well-known...and if it was, I don't think anyone would care in the least :P

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Closed Thread