Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new 40k faqs out in spain
Closed Thread
Old 10 Jun 2006, 11:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default new 40k faqs out in spain

was just going through the forums on games workshop online and noticed that they had announced that the spanish site had the new faqs for space marines, tyranids and tau...

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38737

thats a link to the faqs as posted on warseer (apparently someone had enough time to translate ;D )

also a word of warning: because this is a spanish sites faq and has been translated this might not be 100% accurate, and the legality is still in question until the full english version has been released.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 14:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: new 40k faqs out in spain

Why is it the spanish get everything first? Remember the SoC ending and the hilarious translations of it (falling of backs) ;D
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 10 Jun 2006, 15:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

all the foreign websites get the stuff first. the british website is without a doubt the worst.

Old 10 Jun 2006, 16:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Looking at a few of these worries me. heres a few wierd things I noticed
-Synapse not working against lascannons

-Tau independant characters getting protection from the normal "single out" rule in CC?

-Now its saying that the pathfinder devilfish DOESNT have the scout rule, which raises questions about its ability to deploy in escalation. If it doesnt have the rule wouldn't that there would be a case for the pathfinders to start off table in escalation? Normally you cant just deploy a unit without its transport, but if the transport cant deploy because it isnt a scout, the pathfinders case to do so looks shaky...

-Why cant O'shovah lead an army? I think they're just too lazy to fix their oversights there

-Heres a funny one. According to this if a marine player used drop pods he's giving away 15VPs per pod when they land... What about the Necron Pylon? IS anyone who VDRs an immobile vehicle going to have to give away half its VPs right off the bat because it started immobilized. Cuckoo! :

-I DO like that they clarified how fast speeders move when they deep strike. No more shooting on the turn they drop in!

Now im not get too carried away by this yet as these are translated versions of spanish FAQs, but we'll see in due time
Quote:
Old 10 Jun 2006, 16:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
-I DO like that they clarified how fast speeders move when they deep strike. No more shooting on the turn they drop in!
Heh, know there is no reason to ever deepstrike speeders. You can go fast for a turn thus losing shooting (like you would if you deepstruck), then do your normal move and shoot, and it will allow you to get a shot off a whole turn earlier then you could by deepstriking. I will take being able to go three feet (enough for at least side armour shots), with no scatter, and shoot at least a turn earlier, over deep striking anyday of the week. If you go fast for two turns and thus shoot at the earliest turn a deepstriking speeder could, then you get a possible five feet of movement. That will easily get you into the opponents deployment zone (you can't deep strike there reliably because you could scatter off the table) and you can get those rear armour shots. ;D

About the only time it might be worth while to deepstrike is in escalation.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 16:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I know it wasnt a enormously useful ability. Maybe on really large boards or the potentially risky business of trying to deep strike in behind vehicles for rear armour shots, but I saw a few arguments about this in the past, so I like the idea of it potentially being covered.

Would it be so hard for them to say "Deep Strikers count as moving their maximum move distance on the turn they arrive"? There, done. No need for FAQ after FAQ after FAQ
Quote:
Old 10 Jun 2006, 17:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

... it really DOES sound like IC with drones is still IC in that translation.... Which WOULD make sense since the drones are equipment (complete with buying a hardpoint if not hardwired!)

some of the other stuff smells a little wierd though...
Old 10 Jun 2006, 17:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Again, like I said before, take this with a grain of salt.

the only thing that really worries me is that synapse only protects from st 8, why can't it protect from a higher st? A hole burnt through you by a lascannon is just as deadly as a powerfist to your face, or a missile exploding in your crotch...

and as far as the devilfish for the pathfinders are concerned, they need to figure that one out pronto, otherwise you have a unit that can deploy with escalation, but their transport that they have to take can't. ??? Personally I say in friendly games, if the unit that has the vehicle can scout than you can set the vehicle up in escalation too (but then again I also think that the vehicle should automatically be given scout when bought by a unit of pathfinders, just like drones bought for a stealthsuit automatically come with stealth for free)
Old 11 Jun 2006, 06:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Would it be so hard for them to say "Deep Strikers count as moving their maximum move distance on the turn they arrive"? There, done. No need for FAQ after FAQ after FAQ
They could have done that in the first place. I mean they had to bloody FAQ it for 3rd ed. If I was updating some rules the first thing I would do is move all my FAQ corrections into the main rules, and then make changes.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 07:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
all the foreign websites get the stuff first. the british website is without a doubt the worst.
Nah, the Canadian one realy bites the big one.
Closed Thread