Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

i have a question
Closed Thread
Old 10 Jun 2006, 00:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default i have a question

what dose G mean in front of the inch's for weapons example G18"?

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 10 Jun 2006, 00:45   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: i have a question

G means guess weapon. although they were getting rid of those just a while ago :

Old 10 Jun 2006, 00:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Basically, 'guess weapon' is a barrage weapon and so uses the rules for barrage weapons as desrcibed in the rulebook (ie. no line of sight required). You can also get weapons that are both barrage weapons and ordnance (such as the rightly feared Imperial Guard Basilisk), but do not make the mistake of assuming barrage weapons are automatically ordnance as well (or vice versa).

What Lonely Tau means is that the 'Guess' prefix is obsolete, it dates back to version of the rules when you literally had to guess the range to the target and place the template there (which I actually prefer...makes it more interesting, although unfair for new players). We don't do that anymore but the 'Guess' prefix remains, just to confuse people.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 00:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i was just wondering because one of the new tau weapons in the new codex has a G

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 10 Jun 2006, 00:55   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

yeah, idiots forgot to keep those out...again (ref. Tyranids codex, you will find it)

Old 10 Jun 2006, 01:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

you mean, you don&#39;t actually have to guess the range when using an AFP!!, and I&#39;ve been guessing the ranges since the new codex came out.
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 10 Jun 2006, 01:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

sort of... it just went from: "I guess 34" to that squad" to " I guess that the squad is in range"

Just now if you guess wrong it just means that you can&#39;t fire on that squad.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 01:59   #8 (permalink)
lonely tau

GW ingenuity at its finest everybody, bask in their greatest discovery...that came out about 30 years ago...

Old 10 Jun 2006, 04:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

gee, wonderful, I was doing things the wrong way all this time

*shakes fist violently at GW&#39;s inability to get these things right*
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Closed Thread