Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

NO MORE FLAMING, PLEASE. I beg it of you.
Closed Thread
Old 06 Jun 2006, 05:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default NO MORE FLAMING, PLEASE. I beg it of you.

You know, as much as people bash smurfs for being cheesy or sucking, alot of people want to be just like them. The tau as a race have lower BS and far better guns for cheaper than the SM. That's because the emphasis is on their guns and not on their shooting. I see people go on and on about how bad or overplayed or cheesy or noobish the SM are and then people want better stats, better guns, more options, and so on because the SM have them. PICK ONE, I don't want to hear people bash the SM and then try to emulate them, it just doesn't make sense. The tau don't have heavy weapons in their grunt squad for a reason, they are not space marines, they are TAU hence the name(TAU Firewarriors and not SPACE MARINE Tactical Squad). If you want to have SM abilities then play SM and not Tau or Necrons or Orks etc... Sure, there are some things I don't like about the SM but when I complain I try to offer a solution or at least have good arguments. No SM army will ever bring 9 Broadsides to the game because that is a Tau unit. By the same standard no Tau Fire Warrior Team will ever bring a Tactical Squad or an Earthshaker to the table because those are SM and IG units respectively. Just learn to play your army better and in new ways or tell your opponent to stop powergaming. The only thing that I can say to all of those people who won't stop whining about the SM's options and abilities is "here's a Kleenex."
I have never bulldozed an enemy with BA and more often than not I lost the games that I played. They are no easier to powergame with than any other army, DE being the only possible exception IMO. I just am really sick of all of these people with crappy arguments. For example, today on the Tau forum I saw a post called "Why aren't Tau BS4?". In this post people were comparing the stats of a 10 man tac squad vs a 12 man FW team using only standard weapons. The differences of the two squads is phenomenal and as such they are beyond comparison in my book. Anyway, right after somebody had said that the Tau had better basic guns and lower cost somebody else joined in and said how the FW squad should get a missile pod or something because those damn space marines got heavy and special weapons. NOT A VALID ARGUMENT, here's why. The space marines have a higher base cost, have worse base weapons, have lower numbers, have worse transports, and have tactical flexibility. On top of the fact that a fully kitted out SM w/ plasma cannon is around 40 pts, far more than about 10 for the fire warrior. A fully kitted out squad of space marines w/ a transport can run upwards of 350 pts, far more than about 200 for the fire warrior team. There are too many people complaining. We should make a separate forum for SM flaming then people like me who have actually played with and against SM and now play a different army don't have to hear or see the nonsense.
Sorry if I ranted, I tries not to but it looks like I failed in a few places. I also tried not to flame anybody too specifically. It just bothers me when people say one thing, do something else, and want something entirely different. Me and my gaming group and friends never have the problem of "lets flame the SM" because the SM win and lose just like everybody else. Thnx for your time all and please don't flame anybody on here, at least make this one of the few posts that has NO FLAMING, that applies to everybody and every army.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 06 Jun 2006, 05:10   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: NO MORE FLAMING, PLEASE. I beg it of you.

Well, since flaming is against the Forum Rules, people shouldn't be doing it at all anyway.

Nice rant though.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 05:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

That was just enlightened debate.

If you don't want your ideas questioned, don't post.

If you feel anything was truly beyond the line, contact a mod. If not, grab some liquor and post!

I agree with you, but no one did anything wrong.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 06 Jun 2006, 05:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Oh, I don't doubt that nothing wrong was done but don't people have some better use of the forum or at least of their time? I never understood how people felt that bashing something makes them feel better? How does that work? My problem really wasn't with the flaming, I can deal with that and I am sure I have done it a few times too. My problem lies with the people who say one thing and then do another. It is fine in my book to dislike SM for any reason you like. But when you dislike them and then want to make their ideas and such your own, then I have a problem. On top of all of that, there are way to many flames per day to stop them all. I mean, what are you going to do, bad karma them all? Not enought time in the day or reasons in my life...

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 06 Jun 2006, 06:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

One that i Absolutly hate.

When people complain that IG can have 55 troops in a single choice and they can't. IG players still have to pay the points for those squads dammit!

But overall... vail points and strong argument.

If you want to complain about not having certain weapons or the ability to do somthing that another race can... play the race you complaining about and see what your army has that they don't!
Old 06 Jun 2006, 06:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Nice rant steel, very well constructed.

My biggest gripe is that people focus on what their armies don't have, and tend to ignore what they do have.

Space Marines are easy targets because they're 1) popular 2) Not suffering any big disadvantage. But the flip side is that they're expensive, and don't have any huge advantage. Nids rule in Close Combat, but are bad in shooting...Tau rule in Shooting, but suck in Close combat.

Each army being different is what makes the game interesting. Having different units and weapons for different armies makes 40K exciting and interesting. Otherwise we'd be playing the same armies against each other and be bored.

Enjoy your army, and stop complaing bout others.

D-DS
Old 06 Jun 2006, 09:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Amen.
I'd also just like to point out that Marines can have heavy weapons in their tactical squads because they can carry them as well. When the day comes where Firewarriors can bench marines, they too can port superheavy plasma cannons around the battlefield.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 13:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger
Amen.
I'd also just like to point out that Marines can have heavy weapons in their tactical squads because they can carry them as well. When the day comes where Firewarriors can bench marines, they too can port superheavy plasma cannons around the battlefield.
Guardsman get heavy weapons as well.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 13:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRaptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger
Amen.
Guardsman get heavy weapons as well.
Yes for a two man squad...

Also Eldar Guardians also need two man to arm their heavy weapon platform.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 16:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Most of the complaints I have about marines revolve around GWs (in my opinion) over marketing of them. Im not gonna get into a long rant on this now, but I just figured I'd let people know where I stand on the matter.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Closed Thread