Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A few rules questions.
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jun 2006, 23:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default A few rules questions.

Ok so during my game today I wasen't sure about a few things, so i'm sure you guys can help me out

1)Can a model have 2 different pistols and fire both of them during the shooting phase? Also, if you take 2 of the same kind it is counted as twin linked? Or is it not allowed unless it states the model can? I just need to make sure.

2)I was in CC with some destroyers today with my seraphim. They lost the combat, so the destroyers ran away. The thing is, they did not run far and my seraphim caught up with them. Are they automatically destroyed? It says that if they can regroup they do, if not they are destroyed. Could explain ot me how this works?

Any help is appreciated
Old 03 Jun 2006, 23:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: A few rules questions.

In short -
No, you cannot fire them both in the same turn, and yes, they are automatically destroyed (unless they're Marines I think, in which case they just start CC again) if over-run whilst fleeing.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 23:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

when a unit fails its morale check your roll 1d6 plus initiative, say your initiative is 4 and the destroyers is 5 and you roll a 4 and the destroyers roll a 2 you wipe them out automatically, however if they break and beat you on the initiative roll and if you catch them up its counted as a consolidation move into a new unit. Though you have to take another leadership test to regroup, if they fail this the unit is destroyed.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 23:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renolds
when a unit fails its morale check your roll 1d6 plus initiative, say your initiative is 4 and the destroyers is 5 and you roll a 4 and the destroyers roll a 2 you wipe them out automatically, however if they break and beat you on the initiative roll and if you catch them up its counted as a consolidation move into a new unit. Though you have to take another leadership test to regroup, if they fail this the unit is destroyed.
Looks like I've got to brush up with the new rules...

EDIT:
To quote the rulebook -
[quote]Sweeping Advances
The unit falling back and the winning unit compare their Initiative characteristic + the roll of a D6
In the falling back unit's total is higher, they break off from the combat successfully.
If the winner's total is equal or greater they catch the fleeing enemy with a sweeping advance. The falling back unit is scattered. We assume that the already demoralised foe is comprehensively defeated... The destroyed unit(s) is removed immediately. No Invulnerable Save or other special rule (such as the Necrons' We'll Be Back) can save the unit at this stage."
Old 03 Jun 2006, 23:57   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

As for the question of twin-linking, I believe the answer is no becuase you cannot give a model the same upgrade twice. But I'm not sure.

He who seeks revenge digs two graves.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 00:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

seraphims' 2 pistols counts a twin-linked, IIRC.

And yeah, the destroyers will be destroyed.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 12:28   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Just bear in mind that Cypher also has two pistols and his special rules also allow him to fire both pistols
Closed Thread