Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bailing Out
Closed Thread
Old 02 Jun 2006, 13:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Bailing Out

Have read about this before, but when me and someone else were discussing it, neither of us could come up with a solid rule.
So, my question is: What are the official rules on bailing out from a vehicle that is destroyed?
I know they released models to represent tank crew a while back, but does that mean everyone survives? Or do you have to roll?
Old 02 Jun 2006, 13:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Bailing Out

For the most part, no. The vehicle crew are considered to be killed if the vehicle is destroyed, they are considered to die in the vehicle. Pg. 67 of the rule book, look at the little "note" in the lower right hand coner this will give you ruling.

I think what you mean by crew is the Tau XV8 pilots, which is a exception, because you have to but wargear (?) for ejection system.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 02 Jun 2006, 13:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniyoh
For the most part, no. The vehicle crew are considered to be killed if the vehicle is destroyed, they are considered to die in the vehicle. Pg. 67 of the rule book, look at the little "note" in the lower right hand coner this will give you ruling.

I think what you mean by crew is the Tau XV8 pilots, which is a exception, because you have to but wargear (?) for ejection system.
No, they released tank crew models I think (they looked kinda like the standard Sentinel driver, with the floppy hat :P), running and clutching pistols.

I also meant what about any troops that are being carried, such as in Chimeras, Rhino, Falcons etc.
Old 02 Jun 2006, 13:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

The tank crew models were released to accommodate an OLD vehicle upgrade from the first 3rd ed guard codex, the Crew Escape Mechanism. This upgrade is no longer available, so the tank crew are just some extra guardsmen now (very good for dioramas).

As for troops bailing out of a vehicle they have to disembark if

a) The vehicle suffers a penetrating hit

b) the vehicle is destroyed.

There's some further consequences as well, it's all in the rulebook at the beginning of the section on vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 02 Jun 2006, 13:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Oh you mean transports ^_^

Pg.68.

The rules for entanglement, it will explain the process to you completely.

Pretty much if your vehicle is destroyed, you roll off some dice and depending on the result that depends what happens to the troops in the transpot. I would explain it in full detail, but copyright rules.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 02 Jun 2006, 13:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ta very much lads, will go searching through my WD pile for my rulebook later
Closed Thread