Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Leaving the hobby?
Closed Thread
Old 26 May 2006, 17:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Leaving the hobby?

Well, I've barely even played my first game, but the new price hikes have made it almost impossible to finish my tau by my deadline (2009). I'll still be buying occasionally, but I just can't afford it anymore. And I can just forget about inquisitor, battle-fleet gothic and that harlequin kill team...

Anyone else have something similar to share?
Old 26 May 2006, 17:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Leaving the hobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The vilest worm
Well, I've barely even played my first game, but the new price hikes have made it almost impossible to finish my tau by my deadline (2009). I'll still be buying occasionally, but I just can't afford it anymore. And I can just forget about inquisitor, battle-fleet gothic and that harlequin kill team...

Anyone else have something similar to share?
First Lonely Tau now you mon! Nah just kidding bud

The price hikes suck and everything about it really is annoying, this is why I try my best to do cheap conversions... can't really do that too well if you play Tau however. But hey don't worry, I heard a rumor they are moving the battle forces down to $45.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 26 May 2006, 17:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The price hike is souring my future purchases.

I thought about starting with the Space Marines, but I have to put on hold until I complete my Tau first.

I might just buy the battleforce to complete my Tau army.

Thought I still don't have any heavy support.
Old 26 May 2006, 17:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar

I've finished my Tau finally after 3years, now i'm looking to start lizardmen.

I'm looking at at least a year just to get all my army together thanks to the prices....and as a result i'm not sure i want too.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 26 May 2006, 17:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have but one thing to say to this, e-bay.

In all honesty the number of miniatures I buy from Games Workshop and even independent retailers decreases over time as well.

Sometimes its an awesome deal I don't want to miss. 2 examples would be my acquisition of Necrons both 40K and Gothic and my High Elves. Currently I have been able to get ahold of hundreds of dollars worth of miniatures for anywhere from 30-60% off.

Personally I like to believe the person is not going to spend it on more GW miniatures so it cuts GW out of earning more money.

You can get New in box and unpainted, but assembled miniatures at a great discount. The pre-painted ones I never get for the simple reasons, a: I like painting them myself and b: painted and pro-painted can run up to double the models normal cost. A pro-painted chaos army worth $300 - $400 for the models went for over $1200 on ebay.

As such I would suggest e-bay for your miniatures needs if your short on cash.
Old 26 May 2006, 18:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I was intending to start a Space Marine army but the price increases have put that on hold yet again while I finish my Tau and maybe even continue them past where I had intended.

Old 26 May 2006, 18:19   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I was going to start a WitchHunter army over the summer, but now I think I'm going to go back and finish off my Dark Eldar, since they're not *quite* as expensive as the others...
Old 26 May 2006, 21:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

ive completely boycotted GW since the vehicle price hike (with the exception of a gothic starter set). i was going to break the boycott when i found out they were going to make death korps, but at £35 per squad i wont even bother.

Old 26 May 2006, 23:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmm... I've heard lots of good things about Ebay, but I don't know much about the site. Plus I'm not old enough to have my own credit card, so my parents would complexity oversee all of my purchases! They can't be allowed to know how much I'm spending on this!
Old 27 May 2006, 00:16   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The vilest worm
Hmm... I've heard lots of good things about Ebay, but I don't know much about the site. Plus I'm not old enough to have my own credit card, so my parents would complexity oversee all of my purchases! They can't be allowed to know how much I'm spending on this!
I think they have a pretty good idea already about that . Indeed, they'll price themselves out eventually....
Closed Thread