Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Losing faith?
Closed Thread
Old 25 May 2006, 22:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau
Default Losing faith?

Hey, i've been playing 40k for a while now but i'm finding it harder and harder to keep the old gaming spirit alive, it's just that everything seems so samey now, you start to notice that games just aren't as interesting or exciting as they used to be. And i've been wondering, how do you keep the gaming spirit going? Lately i've been trying new games such as fantasy and inquisitor and my old love.... necromunda ;D but i just can't seem to get out of this funk i'm in, model making and painting is getting tedious and i'm sick of having mind numbingly pointless arguments on rules, as well as ebayed armies which are quite rife in my club, i'm sick of seeing no effort put into models, kids just buying armies off ebay and playing them as their own, with no sense of character or even effort.

Does anyone have any idea's how i can re-juvinate my games as i'm in a weird predicament as i don't want to give up but i'm finding it hard to want to keep playing.

Any idea's where i'm going wrong? or what i can do? ???

Sounds rather stupid i know but thoughts and opinions might help. ;D
Old 25 May 2006, 22:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Losing faith?

I dont get to play often so when I do its usually fun but when I do get tired of it Ill put my models on the shelf and leave them be for a few months. After a while my mood will change again and Ill go back to playing. Also fresh things always helps, probably why people change armies so much.

Old 25 May 2006, 22:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Maybe you should just take a break! I was Warhammer-hot for about a year or two straight, but then it kind of just dulled for me. That was about six months ago. I took some time off, had some fun, did other stuff. Now I find that my interest in Warhammer is rekindling. So perhaps a little vacation will help you see the Hobby with fresh eyes.

- tDM

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 25 May 2006, 22:42   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

what my general advice to you would be to switch armies, start playing more random missions (like more bunker assualts and meat grinders etc) ahd just all around start adding some variety to it. if al else fails then do what Vash113 says, that would drive me insane :P

Old 25 May 2006, 22:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

I like vash's idea but i couldn't do it, if i did i would be condeming myself to give up.

Also i can't switch armies as i am just starting a new one (Kroot Mercs Finally!! ;D)

Hopefully once they're ready i'll be over this problem, i think it's just that where i live, there's little in the way of variety, there are only so many players and a lot of them play the same races etc so it's just hard to be different. :-\
Old 25 May 2006, 23:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Spiceing things up helps. Try making up fluffy and crazed scenarios. Try Kill Team or other special rules that change things a bit. You can also try adding new units to your army increasing its size and giving you choice variety. You dont always have to use the same units all the time that way.

Old 26 May 2006, 00:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You can also try a different game system. For a modest sum ($60-$70) you can get a starter box and rulebook for Warmachine/Hordes.

Play that for a bit, so when you come back to Warhammer, it's different and interesting again.

Taking a break is also another option, one that I've done myself.

D-DS
Old 26 May 2006, 07:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Perhaps attending one of those centers of food and flippantry where alchoholic drink and womenfolk are present?

I'm serious go out and play some lava tag. In a REAL VOLCANO!!!

Or stair tag. That sure can be fun.

You could even commit a random act of vandalism/[size=5pt]kindness[/size]. I'm sure you know which one to choose. MechTauspeed on your journey.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 26 May 2006, 07:45   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

If you want to rekindle your 40K gaming spirit, here are my suggestions...

1) go back to 3rd Edition. 3rd was so much better in a lot of ways... plus 4th really nerfed some armies (like Guard and Eldar, Tyranids too in a way).

2) Play scenarios. Again, 3rd Edition is best for these (it has so many more!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 26 May 2006, 21:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

ive been boycotting GW since the vehicle price hike, but my love for the game hasn't died one bit. and now that im moving to bolton ill actually have a GW in my city, meaning ill play even more.

Closed Thread