Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

GW recycling ideas.
View Poll Results: Do you think players should be able to turn in old codexes and rulebooks for a sum or compensation..
yes 18 43.90%
no 20 48.78%
neither 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 07 May 2006, 23:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke
Default GW recycling ideas.

So what do you think? Taking in that dusty 3 edition rulebook to help pay for some blisters or box sets? This came to me as I was plotting me evil scheme > regarding my old 3rd edition rulebook. What do you think of it. Discuss!
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 07 May 2006, 23:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832
Default Re: GW recycling ideas.

I think you should be able to take in old rulebooks/codexes to get a price cut on the NEW codex/rulebook (i.e. trade in Tau codex for the new Tau Empire with $5-10 off or something).

However, new codexes really don't come out all that often enough that it's a huge bother to me.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
Old 08 May 2006, 00:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

personally, I think that would be a way for a store to lose a lot of money. think about it, either the store you take it to get credit from will have back books they can't get rid of, or games workshop will have to eat the losses. and if gw eats losses, prices will go up in general. do you really want to save a couple of dollars now so badly that you are willing to pony up an extra five for that unit of (insert troop squad of an army you play here) later on?

If you really want to get some money for your old books try ebay. I'm still looking for a 2nd edition box set, angels of death codex, complete first edition of space hulk, gorkamorka box, necromunda box and the dark millenia boxed set. someone somewhere will want what you have and will be willing to pay a couple of bucks and the shipping to get it.
Old 08 May 2006, 00:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howloutloud
personally, I think that would be a way for a store to lose a lot of money. think about it, either the store you take it to get credit from will have back books they can't get rid of, or games workshop will have to eat the losses. and if gw eats losses, prices will go up in general. do you really want to save a couple of dollars now so badly that you are willing to pony up an extra five for that unit of (insert troop squad of an army you play here) later on?

If you really want to get some money for your old books try ebay. I'm still looking for a 2nd edition box set, angels of death codex, complete first edition of space hulk, gorkamorka box, necromunda box and the dark millenia boxed set. someone somewhere will want what you have and will be willing to pay a couple of bucks and the shipping to get it.
I see your point of view. My reasoning would be that this may attract more consumers due to the fact in the longer run they will save some money. Yes I know this will raise prices. It shouldn't! See the price hike topic, as it is extremely cheap for them to make them. This isn't that argument/debate or whatever. This is do you think they should. Not what would happen if they did or didn't unless you have voted and to explain your reasoning. I don't think I saw a clear yes or no in your answer so please edit it in. Thank you for your consideration.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Old 08 May 2006, 00:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Much as I'd like to see it i doubt it would happen. Not unless the goverments of diffrent countires started giving a tax break for them recycling all the old codex. Other wise there is no gain for them and said, if they get a loss they tend to bump prices to compensate.
Old 08 May 2006, 02:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Games Workshop bump up their prices for everything they can get away with and I see no reason to see them allowing the return of codices since...well...what would they get out of it? Nothing. It would not generate new business or encourage new customers, since if you've bought a codex...well...they figure that spending hundreds on armies is enough of a reason to expect you not to complain about shelling out an extra $30 every few years when they redo your codex...or about 10 in the case of Orks :-\

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 08 May 2006, 03:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well now that GW plans to drop SoC, EoT and Armageddon army lists from its list of GT legal armies, yeah... I reckon people with armies from those books should have the right to return not only their book, but their whole freakin' army.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 08 May 2006, 03:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well now that GW plans to drop SoC, EoT and Armageddon army lists from its list of GT legal armies, yeah... I reckon people with armies from those books should have the right to return not only their book, but their whole freakin' army.
What?! Where did you hear of this travesty...

No Lost and the Damned?!

I can live without the others since you can really just make them (after a fashion) from other codices...but that loss is the hardest to deal with

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 08 May 2006, 04:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

WHAT!?

NO BUBONIC COURT OF NURGLITCH!!!!!

heads will roll... well get very sick then probably fall off.

But yes i would like to be able to hand in my 3rd ed rule book however I would also like to make snow angels in hell.

"His name doesn't make any sense! How can you be a commander, Aun AND volenteer at the same time!?!"

translated parts of suspicous conversation about the Mal'caor'la 8.05.10990
Old 08 May 2006, 04:21   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Hm. I wouldn't return my old codices (Not that I have any really outdated codices) even if I could. What can I say, I'm a nostalgiast. <-- Is that a word?
Closed Thread