Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Skimmers moving fast??
Closed Thread
Old 06 May 2006, 12:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Skimmers moving fast??

I'm sorry if this has been posted more than once, but i used the search feature and couldn't come up with exactally what I needed to know.

When I read the skimmers moving fast rule, in the big rule book, i was under the impression that all shots were automatically downgraded to glancing, becuase it uses words like, "enemy shots" and "avoiding enemy fire". Yet, last week at my local shop, the situation arose and a few players suggested that this rule only applies to skimmers being attacked in close combat. I didn't argue about it, because i'm still one of the new guys.

idk if i'm being too literal or what, but I was wondering if anyone could prove or disprove what they said, hopefully with a page in the rule book or a FAQ of some sort. Thanks Alot.
Fear not the death brothers, for she is old and slow, and will never catch the Windrider host. It is our enemies who are afraid, for each kiss of our weapons bring the sweet oblivion that they crave by opposing us.
Old 06 May 2006, 13:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Skimmers moving fast??

p69 of the rulebook states that any skimmers that move 6" or more automatically count any "hits" as glancing only.

note the word hit and not hit in hand to hand. they were wrong, it works against all hits wether in close combat or from shooting.

just make sure to have the rulebook with you next time so that if something like this comes along you can check the rules to see if its true or not.
Old 06 May 2006, 15:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

He's right, you got duped...

Haha...seriously, but you should go up to them and rematch cause they totally cheated you.

Did it cost you the game? If so then definitely rematch, if not then rematch anyway... ;D

But now with some of the newer rules I think there's something Tau can buy for their tanks and other skimmers...but I can't remember the name...

Tau:
Wins: 8 Losses: 1 Ties: 0
Old 06 May 2006, 16:19   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

Disruption Pod makes any pen hit a glancing on a 4+ not the best bonus concidering that we already have that, we just need to move over 6"

Old 06 May 2006, 16:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Yes, it's hits period. Not Just hand to hand. Anyhow, that is answered....
Closed Thread