Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Turn Limits
Closed Thread
Old 28 Apr 2006, 00:49   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Turn Limits

This is probably one of my worst faults in that I heed no attention to turn limits, and continue to play until either me or my opponent are dead or some auto win objective has been reached. In fact the only games where I pay attention to game turns is in cleanse missions really. Are you guys the same or what?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 00:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: Turn Limits

yeah we never pay attention we just figure why not kill each other?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

If the game is close and there is no obvious winner...yeah we have to see what the outcome will be. and we go over the limit if we both agree to it.
But if the outcome is obvious, we only play the normal amount for that scenario.

Unfortunately, between my husband and myself, the same applies to victory points... if it is obvious Slaughter, we don't worry about adding them up. We both hate it when the other gets bragging rights.

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from you kids!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I really hate turn limits. My Tau were getting in LoS of Nids next turn when the game ended. I lost by 12 pts (~1000 pt 4-way game)
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What is this "turn Limit" That you speak of? I never use these so called "Turn Limits". Ill call in three inquisitors.

you know? I found some faith in humanity lying in the street earlier. I looked around and didn't see anyone, so I kept it. However, if it belongs to someone, I'd just as soon return it.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 02:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

the turn limit is 6 turns for basic play, and like Reserves after turn 6 for the other games
Old 28 Apr 2006, 03:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tyross
This is probably one of my worst faults in that I heed no attention to turn limits, and continue to play until either me or my opponent are dead or some auto win objective has been reached. In fact the only games where I pay attention to game turns is in cleanse missions really. Are you guys the same or what?
Limitless games go on to long, and in missions, lenght matters.

ie- Congrats Russ, you just wasted your little pro for 1000 VP.

But its turn 6 six, I captured all the objectives for 1000 points and did 200 or so damage in kills, I win this one.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 03:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

No one in my gaming club really pays any attention to the turns, even though we try with a turn dice. We typically go for the 'play until the other guy has no chance of winning' sort of thing, so sometimes it would be shorter than 6 turns in which we agree to end the game.

For the record, I WANT to play more mission games where you actually have to do something other than kill the enemy, but I've given up with my friends :P.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Current Armies: The Lone Wolves 2092 pts
Hive Fleet Basilisk 1601 pts
Old 28 Apr 2006, 03:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

i love playing i with missions. one game i was fighting blood angels and it was an ambush mission, and he almost won but i got my devil fish full of warriors off the board all woth 200 VP's. gotta love missions...

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 14:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

The game is designed to be played with turn limits. It creates a strategy process that is necessary in all strategy games. One plays differently when you know you have to be on an objective, etc. at the end of turn 6 (albeit one can argue artificially).

If you don't want to play by them, that's cool, but the tournaments have them and the good tournament players know what decisions are important in the context of a turned (and timed) game.
Proudly banned from both Mech Tau Tactica and Advanced Tau Tactica by Kai'Lore. Kai'Lore has no honor and the fact that my mere presence reminds him of this is more than his cowardly person can bear. He banned me from the new site after less than a day. =)
Closed Thread