Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Do you have a fluffy commander?
Closed Thread
Old 25 Apr 2006, 19:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to TheSquirrelKing Send a message via MSN to TheSquirrelKing
Default Do you have a fluffy commander?

Is there much more to your commander than stats and a model? Have you given it a backstory? Is it very differant than other commanders of that army?

Mine sure is fluffy, his name is Shas'O Bork'an Lan'sa Mont'ka. He's a supporter of Commander Farsight, and doesn't really aprove of the Aun's total control of the Empire.

...excpet you.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 19:56   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Do you have a fluffy commander?

You want background?

http://www.tauonline.org/ViewContent.php?id=165

http://www.tauonline.org/ViewContent.php?id=196

There's my Shas'O's background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 25 Apr 2006, 19:57   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Mines pretty fluffy. His name is "I can't remember but I have it written down somewhere" His fluff can be found in my cadre's fluff. Unfortunately it is not on this computer.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 20:06   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to TheSquirrelKing Send a message via MSN to TheSquirrelKing

I've got a lot more fluff for O'Lan'sa, but I don't have any of it written down and I'm not going to do it right now because I'm on a school computer and the bell's about to ring.

...excpet you.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 20:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

Va'O'Ol'Sha'is aka High Commander Brightwind.
Leader of the Mont'yr Enclaves, after Va'O'Aun'Mont'yr was abducted by Dark Eldar. Brightwind assumed command, and lead an attack through a web way against the DE. He was the only survivor. From there, he decreded that all Dark Eldar are to be killed on sight, with no mercy. The Aided General Lord Militant Darken Harkus in his rebellion by supplying them with soldiers and space ships. He also fought as a 'La at the Battle of Hape, and the Great Raid of Iblis. He fought against two major Imperial Crusades, and drove off a Necron attack, then systemaltically ordered the tomb worlds to be destoyed, but causing the sun to super nova.

For more go to the House Rules Section and find Commander Brightwind
Old 25 Apr 2006, 21:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar

Shas'O Rech'Ar had a less that glowing Education, not standing out as a particularly effective leader. However once involved in battle his tactical ability shone through and he was quickly promoted to the head of his own cadre.

After numerous engagements on the western reaches of the Tau empire he began to develop a somewhat ideological difference concerning the greater good and this reflected in his Cadre's actions. Any opposition who would not yield where deemed incapable of following the doctrine of Tau'va and summarily hunted down to the last man.

His actions in numerous engagements brought him to the attention of many ethereals who decreed the high rate of casualties, not of Tau enemies but of Firewarriors where due to his own reckless disgregard and aggressive tactical choices. Effective as they where, the ethereals deemed them un-neccesary and doing more harm than good.

He was demoted to the rank of Shas'El and transferred to the eastern fringes to safeguard the empire against further ork incursions.

With Ethereal restrictions He was forced to rely heavily on Kroot and Vespid auxillaries and increased drone squadrons to compensate for lack of Firewarriors but his general tactics remained the same.

Recently thanks to the coming conflict on Medusa V he has been posted along with his Cadre (who have been labelled the red devils thanks to the distinctive Vespid colouring) and promoted to the rank of Shas'O once more to help defend the Various research projects against all possible threats....though he sees it more as an opportunity to demonstrate his methods as essential to the continued existance of the Tau empire.

(Rech'Ar's army must include at least 1 kroot, 1 vespid and 1 gun drone squad and is limited to only one firewarrior team. A self imposed Cadre Rule.)

Thats the long and short of it.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." [size=8pt]attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar[/size]

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 25 Apr 2006, 21:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Brother-Captain Stam:

Brother-Captain Stam is a great warrior, a man of honour. Bearing dozens of battle scars to prove that he is a ultimate warrior. He is the Captain of the Shadow Spectres 3rd Company. Always leading the attack, making sure he strikes first. He fights with two special lightning claws, instead of four small blades, the lightning claws consists of one bigger blade. The two blades were founded on an artefact world deep in the eastern fringe. The world was later destroyed because of an Exterminates by the Inquisition for reasons unknown. The Companies Techmarine build the blades into two normal issue Lightning claws arms.
The two blades have a constant blue glowing, sometimes the last thing an enemy sees. Brother-Captain Stam has led his company for decades, fighting in big campaigns for the Emperor, he will keep doing his task as a punisher, until his last breath.

This is my Space Marines Captain of the Shadow Spectres 3rd Company.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 21:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sure I've got a fluffy comander.

But only when I play Space Wolves!

Seriously speaking though, yeah I usually do try to come up with a name and some basic ideas for my commander, though usually they don't get written down :-\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 21:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Elcampbello

Shas'El/'O Brightwing has some fulff... somwhere.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 21:30   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

My commander and cadre has a lot of fluff, the fact that I have not written it yet, and it is all in my head, well, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Closed Thread