Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Pinning Tests
Closed Thread
Old 25 Apr 2006, 16:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Pinning Tests

Pinning Tests, I can't find how to make them in my rule book. I play Tau so I need to know. I know your not supposed to post rules but I can't find it in the book or anywhere else online so can someone please tell me what goes into a pinning test?!
Old 25 Apr 2006, 16:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rechar Send a message via Yahoo to Rechar
Default Re: Pinning Tests

If a unit takes a casualty from weapons classed as pinning they need to take a test, just like leadership. If they fail, they can't move/shoot next turn.

"Just as the chaotic nature of these aliens is anathema to we of the Empire, so it is that the Tau'va is abhorent to them. They have no capacity to accept such glory and should be kulled so the Empires efforts may be spent in a more productive manner." attributed - Shas'O Rech'Ar
Old 25 Apr 2006, 17:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A little detail but no big deal, Rechar got it right.

But other things can cause a pinning test but for the sum it is usually weapons that cause pinning.

oh and in case you were wondering, Page 32, lower left hand corner near the page number is the section titled "Pinning weapons" and it explains the pinning test. This is of course in the fourth edition rulebook.

know thy rulebook :P
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 27 Apr 2006, 09:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

and the test is made after a unit has taken pinning casulaties (not end of shooting phase)

"His name doesn't make any sense! How can you be a commander, Aun AND volenteer at the same time!?!"

translated parts of suspicous conversation about the Mal'caor'la 8.05.10990
Old 27 Apr 2006, 22:13   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'el Ksi'M'Yen Run'al Mal'caor
and the test is made after a unit has taken pinning casulaties (not end of shooting phase)
That would tend to imply you could take more than one Pinning test a turn? Ack, rules not close... Ah, yes, once per firing squad. (must chain rulebook near computer and buy a second that is mobile lol )
Old 29 Apr 2006, 02:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah may want to do that... or make a small portable rule book that can be easily fit in your wallet... like condom size.. I just thought of a marketing idea.... Don't tell GW! >.> <.<

( Read the answer below, Oniyoh made a stupid mistake... this is the second time since my history on TO ::: Whaps himself::: I am a bad Acolyte, I am not worthy of the inquisitional seal! :-[ )
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 29 Apr 2006, 02:24   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

The literal interpretation of the rules is that for each unit firing at you with pinning weapons that cause at least one wound, you have to take a pinning test. So if you take two casualties from Rail Rifles, three casualties from one unit of Pathfinders, and one casualty from a Fire Warrior unit with carbines, you are taking three pinning tests. They do not stack from fire coming from one enemy unit.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 02:33   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
They do not stack from fire coming from one enemy unit.
That is confirmed from the following, (bold is mine), BGB pg32 "When the firing of a single enemy unit inflicts casualties, the target must take..."
Old 29 Apr 2006, 02:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
That is confirmed from the following
I feel like I am in chemistry class. But alright, I'll change my post up to edit it.
Closed Thread