Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

4Th Ed Line Of Site
Closed Thread
Old 25 Apr 2006, 14:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 4Th Ed Line Of Site

Where i play alot of people still play that you follow line of site by levels which would mean that you can hide a Land Raider behind a Rhino if you turn the Rhino sideways. But in the new rules you only us line of site when you are shooting over a combat or area terrain and you go on what the actual model can see so a Marine with a Lascannon could shoot a Land Raider behind a Rhino. So i was just wondering if anyone still played by levels?
Old 25 Apr 2006, 14:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: 4Th Ed Line Of Site

actually alot of people around here like the level system because it almost completely eliminates the possibility of someone gaining a benefit or being at a disadvantage because of the way they assembeled their models
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 25 Apr 2006, 15:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

All tourney play i've been to works off lvls aswell. Just shoot the rhino with a weak gun and watch it go pop and now the lr has to go arround it.

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 25 Apr 2006, 15:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
actually alot of people around here like the level system because it almost completely eliminates the possibility of someone gaining a benefit or being at a disadvantage because of the way they assembeled their models
You can not pick the rules you do and do not use you have to use all of them if you are going to play the game with 4Th Ed rules.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 15:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I don't know the "level" thing but then we always used the "common sense" method of line of sight.

Common Sense Method
Is there a tank in your way? Then you cannot shoot what's behind it except in exterme circumstances.
Is there a close combat going on in front of you? Then you cannot shoot infantry behind it.
Is there a low wall in front of "most" of the units of a squad (nobody's just hanging out for S&G)? Then they all get the cover save.

I hate rule lawyering people that try to abuse the rules to defeat the concept of the game. Best way to piss them off I've found is to pack up and leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
D10s all the way. For honour! For glory! For non-repeating roll-probability percentages!
Old 25 Apr 2006, 15:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnex
Quote:
You can not pick the rules you do and do not use you have to use all of them if you are going to play the game with 4Th Ed rules.
Actually GW have themselves said that we should feel free to do as we see fit with the rules. Yes at the likes of a tournament if someone wanted to play with model's eye view LoS I would probably have to do things that way (and probably get butchered due to the way I tend to get carried away and build huge models!), but people should feel free to use whatever "house rules" they want.

And I dont mean to sound rude or anything, but why did you post a thread asking if anyone used level LoS only to berate the first person to say that they used the system?
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 26 Apr 2006, 09:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Actually GW have themselves said that we should feel free to do as we see fit with the rules. Yes at the likes of a tournament if someone wanted to play with model's eye view LoS I would probably have to do things that way (and probably get butchered due to the way I tend to get carried away and build huge models!), but people should feel free to use whatever "house rules" they want.

And I dont mean to sound rude or anything, but why did you post a thread asking if anyone used level LoS only to berate the first person to say that they used the system?
Myself I hate "house rules"i play by the book or i do not play at all because it creates the opportunity to make it an unfair game . And no i did not make this thread to attack people who use the level system i just made it to see if anyone still used it and why they still use it which i have not. and don't worry I'm thick skinned.
Closed Thread