Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Emperors plan (warning, fluff heavy, not new fluff-original fluff)
Closed Thread
Old 12 Jan 2006, 02:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default The Emperors plan (warning, fluff heavy, not new fluff-original fluff)

The Golden Men create the Stone men to build them an Empire and the Iron Men to defend them as they travel the galaxy, the Golden men are then attacked by Iron Men in your classive "matrix" "terminator" style. they eventually win but there are only a few of them left and eventually die out as Earth is stranded from its colonies- Mars goes introverted and begins worshipping the machine. Now... The Emperor, last of the Golden Men (not a Shaman Creation as it used to be back in RT day) who were perfect humans, begins to rebuild what the Golden men wanted to do. Using the stone men, who are normal humans now, he unites Earth.
Now here it gets tricky- He goes to the Moon and discovers ancient texts from the older empire. I imagine that he wished to bring back "perfect" men and so begins to build methods for that creation to strive.
The Emperor knew that interaction with the warp would lead back to a downfall so he begins working on a plan to completly devoid humanities dependence on warp interaction and begins experiamenting with teleportation and genetic improvement. going to Mars and uniting the two human empires he begins warring with a neighboring human empire (i have always assumed in the Centauri system). Using aspects of his own personality he creates his sons, the primarchs, but they are only the blueprint for those that become the Custodas (who are genetically superior the Space Marines).
so heres my question, are the Space marines the knew Stone Men and were the Custodas creations to be the new Golden Men? the Emperor's plans were only fouled, as in his teleportation scheme, originally by a strike team from an enemy human empire. they broke into his labs and tried to destroy the teleport rig. instead, based on its memory banks, it begins to send portions of the lab throughout known human space- older colonies- thus this could be why the primarchs were left on older human colonies.
now- with this twist in his plans do you think that he would have returned to creating the Golden Race again (not the same mind you) and a Stone race which would have replaced the old Stone race (ie:now normal humans)?
hmm
~good hunting
Old 12 Jan 2006, 03:19   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: The Emperors plan (warning, fluff heavy, not new fluff-original fluff)

do you mean normal marines replacing normal humans and custodes replacing superhuman warriors? if so i doubt it takes too much resources but i might not understand

Old 12 Jan 2006, 04:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The Emperors plan (warning, fluff heavy, not new fluff-original fluff)

the Emperor's people, the Golden Men, had a plan to seed the galaxy with themselves- using a race called the Stone Men to build their Empire. Im theorizing that the Emperors real plans were two fold- the first: to utilize Teleportation instead of Warp travel, the second to try and force the next step in evolution by making a second Golden Race like the Emperor himself. Had the other human empire not interfered his plan would have worked, but they did and so he had to work with the lesser men "space marines" to reforge the galaxy. so maybe he was working toward killing off the old stone men, replacing them, then remaking the Golden men.
this is a latter-theory, one of the what woulds questions, another reason why the High Lords ordered his internment in the throne. plus im also trying to test the water of old fluff understanding.
~good hunting
Old 12 Jan 2006, 04:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Old fluff is a tricky thing to work with and I must admit my knowledge of it is mostly second hand. Veterans usually have no problem telling me all about such things but it always helps to actually read the material.

I would not think that the Emperor planned to replace the normal humans. There is strength in numbers and the creation of a space marine takes time and not everyone is suited for it. The first bit about teleportation seems likely but I cant really say.

Old 12 Jan 2006, 04:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

mmm, but its good to understand old fluff- it helps build a better army, interests the individual in the game and is a lacking resource as GW legal goes around shutting down older sites with the info- anyway, originally the space marines were genetically grown, but lets forget that cuz thats RT days. the problem that the Golden Men had were they couldn't replicate there numbers as readily, so they created normal humans (not you me we, but sturdier more adaptable versions of what we are) to build them their empire.
what if the Emperor wanted to continue this concept, but where the old Stone men were far to fragile to continue in a galaxy such as this, wished to improve them and creat the Space Marines who would build the empire with the Emperor and Custodus class becoming the ruling "class" of human.
if you look at a Custodus he stands next to a space marine as a man stands next to an ape.
~good hunting
Old 12 Jan 2006, 11:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

its incorrect to state the emperor wanted humanity to be cut off from the warp. there are frequent bits in 3rd ed fluff that becoming a psychic race is humanities destiny. thing is, we are weak fickle creatures, and easy prey for the denizens of the warp. the emperor simply wanted to guide humanity to this new destiny (under his "benevolent" rule, of course )

the reason humans are so anti psykers is the vast majority lack the strnegth of will to use their powers right.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 12 Jan 2006, 15:24   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I could see the Emperor trying to emplace the Astartes and Custodes as the principle rulers of his Empire. He was never able to top the Primarchs, though. I tend to think that Space Marines probably represent a combination of "Stone men" and "Golden men", while the Primarchs were much closer to the original Golden men. The Custodes are stronger than regular Space Marines, but they are still nothing compared to what the Primarchs were.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 16:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

no- 1st and 2nd addition fluff clearly states the Emperors wish to remove the psyker gene from humans in order to remove them from being influenced by the warp, psykers were never meant to survive the "human plan"
however with space marines, i think they were to become the workers and the custodes the golden men, i believe that perhaps the Primarchs and the Emperor were tools to get there- especially since the Emperor created them from aspects of himself- they were meant to be a means to cleanse the galaxy perhaps and then to fade away, maybe along with the emperor.
~good hunting

ps: while everybody looks for stuff- i should just mention that be carefull with RT stuff because the emperor is still alive- chaos didn't exist- and space marines were grown from vats not recruited...
Old 12 Jan 2006, 17:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

it was in the third ed rulebook, stated by an inquisitor, no less.

its like, humanity and psykers. humanity is perched on the edge of a knife. on one side lies a realm of utter domination, and the greatest future ever, the other is damnation.

it is humanities destiny to become a psychic race. its a consequence of our natural evolution. bob, the emperor is guiding it.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 13 Jan 2006, 00:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

To all of you new people, these "Golden Men" and "Iron Men" come from an enigmatic manuscript in the back of the third ed Rulebook.

Emperor's plan was to advance humanity across the galaxy. He would lead a far less facist regieme than the Imperium, and probably allied with peaceful aliens (AKA, Tau). He would want to make us all strong-willed psychics, and then we would rival the Old Ones. But it was not to be...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Closed Thread