Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Collecting next army
Closed Thread
Old 04 Oct 2004, 20:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais
Default Collecting next army

I would like to collect SM for my next army, however, SMurfs are considered a n00b army. I want to collect them but not be looked upon as a newbie.(I AM NOT AN N00B!) is there any way around this???

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 04 Oct 2004, 20:33   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Collecting next army

Don't worry about what people think of you for collecting what they think is a noob army. Its how you use them that accounts.
Old 04 Oct 2004, 20:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

also the fact i want ultras, all n00bs collect ultras

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 04 Oct 2004, 20:45   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

You just need to make your army 'different'. One in the best ways i find is to give your army a theme, write some background and limit your choices from the codex so that your army looks coheisive and individual on the battlefield. I spose if you want to use an official chapter, then try make a fluffy army. This is probably more difficult with ultramarines with them being completely codex, but there is always a way. And besides, i dont think ultra marines are such a newbie thing, its just that theyre the ones that feature on all the boxes.... Another way you could get around it is to convert all your models so they dont look just like a standard straight from the box models. One method i've seen used lots is shields, but theres no limit to the posibilites.

But at the end of the day, who cares what people think? Enjoying the hobby is the most importent aspect, and if people think your a newbie, then give them a good thrashing and show them your not :P

Old 04 Oct 2004, 20:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

well, i suppose i'll convert with sheilds etc (like in sept WD) or, i'll wait for the new codex, and the chapter creation rules

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 04 Oct 2004, 20:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

It doe's not matter what people think.People caled me a NOOB when I started playing Tau, but then I beat them! ;D But I have played Space Marine's before, but I did not like them. :-\ But good luck on the ultra marines!!!

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 04 Oct 2004, 20:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Sorry about the undoubted poor quality of this post as i was half way through an in depth one when my bloody stupid computer turned itself off.

Anyway. I dno't consider marines to be a noob army, yes some new players use them but it doesn't mean that it's the easiest best army to use or that only new players use them.

I beleive that although marines(not BT, BA) are an easy army to put up a relatively competative battle with even if you don't know what you are doing but a very hard army to truely master.

If you are concerened about what others think of your army then you can make your own fluff, colour scheme etc to make it stand out.

Salamanders are a good choice as nobody could accuse these of bieng a noob army as they have the harshest drawback ive ever seen and *no new player would want this.

I think that marines are a great army for vets as they provide a completely different challenge and as many opponents gear armies to kill marines it provides obstacles to overcome.
Old 04 Oct 2004, 21:48   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

If its ultras, try featuring them around a particualr company...E.G. a 1st compnay themed force with lots of Termies.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 04 Oct 2004, 21:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

ah, tis a good idea, would it be better to wait for the new codex?

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 04 Oct 2004, 21:54   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Maybe. It would make it easier to give your army a 'theme' using the new system (cant remember whats its called). However, ultras are straight codex anyway, so it may not be of any use. However, thinking about it, you might want to wait, no point spending money on models only to find you want something else after they get a slight edit in the new dex

Closed Thread