Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mission Report from Bother Octavious
Closed Thread
Old 03 Oct 2005, 16:38   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Mission Report from Bother Octavious

Last night I started teaching my 9yr old how to play WH40K with the Battle for Maccragge box set........ Well I can tell you 3.5 hours later it was time for my son to go to sleep and he still wanted to play more.!!!!!!!!! We played through missions 1-5 and then we switched sides. and replayed the missions over again.

He had a difficult time with the bolter ranges of 24" if no one in the unit moves or 12 if they do.

He caught on to the fact that measuring out ranges before you declare your targets was cheating and he called me on it. (I was only doing it to show him that when he did it that it was cheating)

Over all its not that difficult of a game for a 9 yr old just as long at they have a rule book to refer to. I was impressed with how the mission book spelled everything out for him.

Now I have a gamer in the making....thank you GW!......LOL that and the fact that my x-wife hates my "nerdy" games. Now my son likes them too! Score more points for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04 Oct 2005, 06:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Mission Report from Bother Octavious

great little sotry...just make sure you keep him interested

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 04 Oct 2005, 13:15   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

He saw the SM bikes and he wanted some so I got some for him and hid them in his bits box. Once we started playing he was like "hey what is this?" I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about. Then he opened up the box and found the bikes........
Old 04 Oct 2005, 15:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

My brother and I have slowly enlisted family into playing as well.

My two 14 year old nephews have "caught the fever" pretty badly. One of them has recently taken an interest in my Eldar armies, and after playing Space Marines for several months, he's finding the switch to be much more challenging and rewarding. The other one plays Catachans, and sometimes my Saim-Hann army. He's more into the game for the look.

Sunday we went to my brother's house to play a game, and his wife and my girlfriend got involved as well. I don't forsee them signing up for any tournaments, but at least it's something they aren't completely opposed to.
Old 04 Oct 2005, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

I have infected my brother and my 11 and 10 year old cousins with 40k. I wasn't even trying to sell them on it either...

They asked questions and I answered. My true love of the game shined through for them, and eventually they fell to collecting IG, necrons, and chaos, respectively. (course, my "early birthday presents" helped) My one cousin won't leave me alone for want of playing his necrons vs me. He hasn't beaten me yet, but he hasn't lost hope and he's getting closer... Necrons are a lot harder for a beginner than I thought they were.
Old 04 Oct 2005, 21:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've introduced about 4 friends to the hobby in a year. 7 including their little brothers, (they all got b.f.m.),
and they all do either ultramarines or behomoth tyranids......suspicious....