Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What's the next army to choose?
View Poll Results: What army do you think I should choose? ( this are my choices)
Necrons 13 34.21%
Chaos 4 10.53%
Orks 16 42.11%
Eldar 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02 Oct 2005, 00:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411
Default What's the next army to choose?

Well my marine army is almost finished and now I'm contemplating on what army to do next afterwards. I'm kind of leaning more towards necrons and orks right now. Necrons because their really evil ( i've played on the good side to long) and orks because their beserk evil. Can you guys also give me some tips on the army you vote for? Thanx.
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 02 Oct 2005, 00:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: What's the next army to choose?

Well, it has been said before so I'll say it again - noone can (or should) choose for you. Do what you feel you like, or do my thing: Collect a half dozen at once.
Old 02 Oct 2005, 01:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Rain Send a message via MSN to Rain

As stated above, we can't choose for you, but we can help you choose by giving up bits of what you like to do when playing

He doesn't mourn, he doesn't cry
All he does from Dusk till Dawn
Is make the angels die
Old 02 Oct 2005, 03:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Spock411
Well my marine army is almost finished and now I'm contemplating on what army to do next afterwards. I'm kind of leaning more towards necrons and orks right now. Necrons because their really evil ( i've played on the good side to long) and orks because their beserk evil. Can you guys also give me some tips on the army you vote for? Thanx.
Dark Eldar...evil, kick butt, and the complete opposite to play to smurfs
Old 02 Oct 2005, 04:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Or the other complete opposite to SMurfs, ORKS!

Instead of fielding a small elite force you get to throw out masses of da boyz. I see really few ork armies and I dont know why, orks rock. They arent my personal preferance but if your tossing back and forth between orks and necrons I would say orks.

Thats just my 2 cents on the matter.

Old 02 Oct 2005, 07:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411

I like orks because their orks to be frank,and I have always liked them since Warcraft I but my only problem with the them is I don't know what kind of color scheme I would want to give them. I want to make my own clan to personalize them. I like Necrons because they are really evil and the thought of being a commander of an evil force that can possibly wipe out the universe sounds fun but no one really likes or likes to play against Necrons at the comic book store i go to. So i'm kind of in a dilema here, and like Jan said this thread is mainly to help me choose what to do next because I have been thinking about this for weeks and it's tough to choose* :P.
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 02 Oct 2005, 07:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Personally I dont like Necrons, not just because they are not great to play against but because I dont think they are good to play in general. There is really little you can do to personalize them. What fluff can you write for a bunch of metal heads? At least with orks you can give your army a history, background and what not. Or perhaps I just dont know necrons. Also you have to consider what you get with necrons, few vehicles, in fact only one. Where as with orks you can play a speed freaks army. 2 very differant styles of play. The thing is that you need to determine what you like to do and pick the army that lets you do it best.

For me, Im trigger happy, I see an army that does shooting, shooting and more shooting. Looked good to me so I took up Tau and Im happy with that decision. You have to decide what it is you really want to be doing.

Old 02 Oct 2005, 08:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ORKS, ORKS ORKS!

we'ze green, mean, fast, choppy and did I say green?

(PS. PLay a Kult of Speed)
Old 02 Oct 2005, 17:25   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

How about none of the above?* *;D

Looking at your choices:
  • Necrons - These guys are in many ways SM who are not as good in close combat, plus the list itself is somewhat limited (not a lot of different ways to make a good, competitive list compared to SM).* To me, they don't offer enough difference to justify taking them as a second army, unless you really love the figures (which are cool, no doubt about that).
  • Chaos - Depends on what you mean by chaos.* Depending on which sublist you use, and how you construct your list they can range from quite similar to SM to quite different.* Of the four you list, I would probably go with a very different Chaos list (Lost and the Damned, or a daemon heavy list) to get something sufficiently different in play character from SM. :-\
  • Orks - These guys are no doubt quite a bit different from SM and have some humorous aspects to their army if you enjoy that.* The main problem with them is that their codex is very dated and just does not seem to be too competitive in the current 4e arena (except perhaps for the Kult of Speed sublist?).* If you really like the greenskins, I might think about waiting for the new codex (which could be any time in the next two years, unfortunately). :
  • Eldar - Ohhh!* This is a sore spot for me, as I [glow=red,2,300]hate [/glow] the current Eldar codex.* I played Eldar in 2nd edition exclusively, but dropped them in disgust soon after the current codex came out.* If you like them, then they may be worth considering as they are quite different than SM and they do have some good units (Aspect Warriors, Falcons, Wave Serpents, Wraithlords).* I don't forsee them changing the things that I dislike about the current codex in the next one, so there may be less reason to wait for it than with Orks but this one is totally up to you. :P
Just all my opinion of course, you really need to choose the army that you want to paint and play if you want to be happy with it.
Old 02 Oct 2005, 17:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

go wif da boyz. not a lot a 'umies like ta play wif da greenskins. Playin' wif da boyz can be fun! you can neva loose. da boyz dies. they'z dead so dat don't count. da boyz win. they'z won. da boyz ran away. dey get ta come back again an' clobber youz again, but good!

besides, da boyz are fun ta paint. jes find dat one scheme fer da boyz and you'z is sorted. and fer modellin' dere'z no betta army dan da boyz fer it. I've seen sum clobberin' good stormboyz in sum mobz 'n' such.

Don't go wif da robot boyz. too many 'umies play 'em as it is. they'z no fun, neither.

An' after all, if you chooz da boyx' i'll give youz a free stikkbomb. hmm. where'z da pin...

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Closed Thread