Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cool stuff in new GW catalog
Closed Thread
Old 01 Oct 2005, 23:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Cool stuff in new GW catalog

Hey everybody,

I just picked up a copy of the GW 2005-2006 Catalog & Hobby Reference (and got a hernia, this thing is huge!). It's a pretty cool book and has lots of info, especially for you conversion enthusiasts. The individual parts in boxed sets and blisters are labeled with a part number so you can order them seperately for custom work. It's also full of pics of expertly-painted minis that make me cry and force me to feel inadequate about my painting skills...Anyway, on page 270 in the Tau section, I saw something that was so cool I had to share it: a Tau workshop, complete with a Crisis Suit that features a removable chest piece and interior detail. There's even a warrior inside the suit assisting with analysis/repairs. It won second place at the 2003 U.K. Golden Demon painting competition and was crafted by Guido Gunther. Not exactly late-breaking news, but I'm sure that a lot of you might not have seen this yet. Check out the two pics below. Sorry about the quality, I took these straight from the book with my digital camera. I apologize in advance if these pics are floating around elsewhere on this site. Enjoy!
Old 02 Oct 2005, 01:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Cool stuff in new GW catalog

Now that is extremely cool. Exelently painted and wow, the inside looks awesome. Really shows just how a pilot might sit in there. Looking at it otherwise its not easy to imagine. Cool find, Ill have to look more closely at the catalogue in my Local Hobby shop next time Im there.

Closed Thread