Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rule Help
Old 22 Sep 2014, 23:34   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Question Rule Help

Hey, Im pretty new to warhammer 40k and I ran into a lot of problems while playing because the rules can be very hard to understand and sometimes I have to dig to find a specific setting. So here are a few rule questions I remember.

When preparing for a battle, can you choose what goes into reserves after the game mode has been selected? We have decided no because... Well I guess because it seems the most likely.

I play Tau and when I use my commander with a bodygaurd team, I treat the bodygaurd team as it's own unit that the commander can choose to join (I always keep him with them anyway). This is because the book simply says that you may include it as a new unit and not as a unit purchase from the commander. Is this True?

At first I would alocate wounds to the closest models from the center outward. Then when I read the barrage rules it clearly states that exactly. Locate them from the center of the blast. When I went back to Blast rules, it says to alocate them as normal. This would also explain why there are so much more on barrage multiple shots. Blasts just determine how many are hit but barrage actually hits in its final location. Is this true?

Can I put a Independant character into a unit before deployment for deep strike. I have been doing Them seperately but it seems like I should be able to include him all together.
AunWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2014, 06:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

40k is a big game and can definitely be confusing, that's why we're here to help!

When preparing for a battle, can you choose what goes into reserves after the game mode has been selected?
Choosing which units go into reserves (or are infiltrating) is part of your army's deployment phase. You do not have to announce which of your units are going into reserve until you have deployed your force. This means you would select the board type, the mission type, place any objectives, roll off for deployment, and deploy the bulk of your force before you need to choose who is going in reserves (it's always good to have a strategy going in to the deployment phase though).

I play Tau and when I use my commander with a bodygaurd team, I treat the bodygaurd team as it's own unit that the commander can choose to join (I always keep him with them anyway). This is because the book simply says that you may include it as a new unit and not as a unit purchase from the commander. Is this True?
Yes, you are interpreting this correctly.

At first I would alocate wounds to the closest models from the center outward. Then when I read the barrage rules it clearly states that exactly. Locate them from the center of the blast. When I went back to Blast rules, it says to alocate them as normal. This would also explain why there are so much more on barrage multiple shots. Blasts just determine how many are hit but barrage actually hits in its final location. Is this true?
Correct again.

Can I put a Independant character into a unit before deployment for deep strike. I have been doing Them seperately but it seems like I should be able to include him all together.
This one is somewhat contested but only for purposes of the infiltrator rule, otherwise, so long as both the independent character and the unit can deepstrike it is completely fine to count them as a single unit for deployment purposes.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 23:34   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thank you so much. I am known as a rule freak amongst my friends but this game has soo many!
AunWolf is offline   Reply With Quote