Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Custom Codex
Old 06 Aug 2013, 08:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Custom Codex

I came up with an idea for a custom codex for Warhammer 40k. It is left 4 dead zombies. It might be a good idea so coming up is the two troops choices I have made so far. I don't have names for them just yet.

Common Zombies
Points - 3 Points Each
Unit Size - 5 - 50
Weapon Skill - 3
Ballistic Skill - 1
Strength - 3
Toughness - 3
Wounds - 1
Iniative - 2
Attacks - 2
Leadership - 4
Armour Save - 6+

Yeah. Not an amazing statline. But thats what the points are for. They are lethal in big hordes and also have some awesome special rules. The first is Mindless. At the start of the assault phase roll a D6. If you roll a 6, then the zombies roll 3D6 to measure charge range. The other rule is Crazy Killing Machine. This means that at the start of every turn you rolld a D3. If 1-2 than the zombies attack each other. They can't do anything this turn. They basically go into assault with each other. If you roll 3-4 they act normally and if you roll 5-6 they have 3 attacks each. This only lasts for one turn.

The second troop choice is better but not by a lot.

Uncommon Zombies
Points - 9 Points Each
Unit Size - 5-25
Weapon Skill - 4
Ballistic Skill - 2
Strength - 4
Toughness - 4
Wounds - 1
Iniative - 2
Attacks - 2
Leadership - 4
Armour Save - 5+

And again. Crappy statline. But the rules really help out with these. They have weapon skill, strength and toughness 4 to show they are a little better than the Common Zombies. Anyway the rules. They have the Mindless rule like the Common Zombies. They also have a small shooting attack. It is a rock. This is its statline.
6" S3 AP- Assault 1
Pretty weak. But in hordes it can be lethal.

So I have come up with some of the other FoC units. But what do you think so far? If you have any suggestions don't hesitate to "suggest" them!
BloodRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2013, 22:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Not trying to sound rude, but there are some zombie-esque statlines floating around the interwebs for some fan-made 40k spinoff games, one of which is based around playing nazi zombies against _______ (insert favorite army here).

However, the stats you made, as well as the actual special rules are pretty unique and interesting. If you are going off of left 4 dead, assuming this based off the name, maybe adding in some of the special infected could be fun. The tank could be the heavy support, and modelling it would be interesting with alot of green stuff and a hell brute or orgrins.

When tactics don't work for you, add more firepower and than re-evaluate the situation
lemonvictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2013, 08:05   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm going to add special infected. I need to find a good HQ choice maybe a clown zombie because in the game they lead 10 zombies. And yes this is based off of left 4 dead. I write other codexes as well.
Losses : 2

Creator of Custom Sisters of Battle Codex
Creator of Custom Left 4 Dead Zombies Codex WIP
Old 07 Aug 2013, 08:19   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Here we have an elite choice. The Boomer. A lethal zombie who walks around vomiting on you and exploding. Here is the statline and rules.

Boomer
Points - 75 Points Each
Unit Size - 1-3
Weapon Skill - 3
Ballistic Skill - 3
Strength - 3
Toughness - 2
Wound - 1
Iniative - 3
Attack - 1
Leadership - 6
Armour Save - 6+

Bad statline. Well the rules are the bit what count. He has a shooting attack and some special rules. His shooting attack is vomit. Here is it's statline.
12" Strength 6 AP4 Assault 1, Poisoned(3+)
Quite lethal. Now unlike the Common and Uncommon "Infected" this zombie doesn't have mindless. Instead when you shoot or assault him and kill him he explodes D6 inches. This explosion is:
D6" Strength 4 AP4 Heavy 1, Poisoned(3+)
So can be dangerous when you assault him. And imagine three of them. All in the same squad. Dangerous!

So how did you like that statline? Good rules or should I change some?

Old 07 Aug 2013, 14:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

For the boomer, I think there should be 1 more special rule. Maybe when the explosion occurs, the normal and uncommon zombies within a certain distance should get a free move towards the explosion area, as the boomer bile attracts zombies in the game. That could make the army feel more as a horde army. Also, maybe the boomer bile should be a template design, as I think it hits a group.

For the hunter, I would imagine he would have an assassin type role. Possibly having the special rule that one type of genestealer has, i forget the name, but they pop in any type of terrain and can then launch an assault right after.

You know, reading this idea makes we want to play L4D2 again

When tactics don't work for you, add more firepower and than re-evaluate the situation
Old 08 Aug 2013, 07:35   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonvictor View Post
For the boomer, I think there should be 1 more special rule. Maybe when the explosion occurs, the normal and uncommon zombies within a certain distance should get a free move towards the explosion area, as the boomer bile attracts zombies in the game. That could make the army feel more as a horde army. Also, maybe the boomer bile should be a template design, as I think it hits a group.

For the hunter, I would imagine he would have an assassin type role. Possibly having the special rule that one type of genestealer has, i forget the name, but they pop in any type of terrain and can then launch an assault right after.

You know, reading this idea makes we want to play L4D2 again
Good idea with the boomer. Don't worry I'll make sure to give credit! For the hunter I'll see in the tyranid codex what my mate has and see which genestealer it is. And you should play L4D2 again.

Old 08 Aug 2013, 09:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonvictor View Post
Possibly having the special rule that one type of genestealer has, i forget the name, but they pop in any type of terrain and can then launch an assault right after.
The Ymgarl pantstealers.

Shas'O T'au M'yen Korst'la (Tau Commander Deathbringer): 2500
Warboss Gartug 'eadcrusha: 1500 gone
(Dark Angels 'dex)Company master tharim: 1000

Soon to be started:
Lost and the Damned
Gue'vesa Regiment
Sublimemule8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2013, 14:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimemule8 View Post
The Ymgarl pantstealers.
Thats the rule!

Old 09 Aug 2013, 09:26   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Time for another unit. The Jockey! A dreaded back humper who is annoying as hell.
Jockey
Points - 100 Points
Unit Size - 1
Weapon Skill - 4
Ballistic Skill - 2
Strength - 4
Toughness - 4
Wounds - 2
Iniative - 5
Attacks - 2
Leadership - 7
Armour Save - 4+
The rules for this are really good. It has Mindless and a special rule that if it defeats an enemy hero or character the hero is controlled by the Jockey's turn to represent it's main purpose. The rule is called Ride, Ride, Ride!

Old 11 Aug 2013, 05:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

What about if everything has feel no pain, even like a 6+ or something. And, maybe a little to powerful, but if a enemy unit is killed in assault by zombies, d3 models become zombies (ex, space marine gets bitten in combat, dies, becomes a zombie)