Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Custom Codex
Old 11 Aug 2013, 18:01   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonvictor View Post
What about if everything has feel no pain, even like a 6+ or something. And, maybe a little to powerful, but if a enemy unit is killed in assault by zombies, d3 models become zombies (ex, space marine gets bitten in combat, dies, becomes a zombie)
I like that idea. Whats the reason for the feel no pain?
Losses : 2

Creator of Custom Sisters of Battle Codex
Creator of Custom Left 4 Dead Zombies Codex WIP
BloodRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2013, 04:34   #12 (permalink)
Shas'La

The idea behind the feel no pain is that they are zombies. As we all know, only headshots kill 'em. but, at the same time, as I have thought a little bit about it, it could be a little bit crazy giving everyone fnp

When tactics don't work for you, add more firepower and than re-evaluate the situation
lemonvictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2013, 08:45   #13 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
The idea behind the feel no pain is that they are zombies. As we all know, only headshots kill 'em. but, at the same time, as I have thought a little bit about it, it could be a little bit crazy giving everyone fnp
Maybe the common and uncommon zombies have it because they only have a crappy save anyway. The special infected don't need it.
Losses : 2

Creator of Custom Sisters of Battle Codex
Creator of Custom Left 4 Dead Zombies Codex WIP
BloodRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2013, 22:49   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Suggested fast attack choice:

Runner-
Moves 8 inches per turn, and runing is 2d6, choose the highest. Difficult terrain does not slow them, but is instead treated as dangerous terrain.
No shooting attack, but a high number of meelee attacks.

Fluff
They get to move fast all the time, but as a result they don't get time to shoot. They're possibly immune to the 1-2 results of Crazy killing machine, giving them either an extra attack or nothing, as they would be fully focused on their prey. Possibly they can't go to ground either (actually, no going to ground should probably be an army wide special rule, but with the addition of immunity against instant death )

Heavy Support-
Tank
AV 12 11 12, walker, penetrating hits are divided by two then rounded down to the nearest point value. If a 1 is rolled, the penetrating hit instead becomes a glancing hit. 4 hull points.

Fluff:
Nothing is essential, so penetrating hits are less damaging.
GaBeRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2013, 20:06   #15 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBeRock View Post

Heavy Support-
Tank
AV 12 11 12, walker, penetrating hits are divided by two then rounded down to the nearest point value. If a 1 is rolled, the penetrating hit instead becomes a glancing hit. 4 hull points.
For this, is this after you have rolled the pen? (Ex, I use a melta and get a pen, then on the damage chart you would then do the modification?)

When tactics don't work for you, add more firepower and than re-evaluate the situation
lemonvictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2013, 20:15   #16 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
For this, is this after you have rolled the pen? (Ex, I use a melta and get a pen, then on the damage chart you would then do the modification?)
Yes. The armor wouldn't be enough to stop a pen, but the fact that zombies don't really need all of their organs means that penetrating hits wouldn't do as much damage. Note that an AP 1 weapon can still get a weapon destroyed result, with the +2 to vehicle damage table. Note that these modifications are applied before dividing by two.
GaBeRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2015, 05:31   #17 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Not trying to sound rude, but there are some zombie-esque statlines floating around the interwebs for some fan-made 40k spinoff games, one of which is based around playing nazi zombies against _______ (insert favorite army here).

However, the stats you made, as well as the actual special rules are pretty unique and interesting. If you are going off of left 4 dead, assuming this based off the name, maybe adding in some of the special infected could be fun. The tank could be the heavy support, and modelling it would be interesting with alot of green stuff and a hell brute or orgrins.
Hi Lemon Victor, this thread and especially this fan-made 40k spin off is very interesting to me. Can you provide a link?

I'd like to see if someone has already done a convergence game - 40k + KillTeam + Zombies!! style game.

Yes very very interested my friend! thank you
CaptainBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2015, 05:32   #18 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I always imagined Zombies where 2 wounds Toughness 2. Meaning tougher weapons could insta-kill them. Also they would have "Feel no pain" special rule.

Would make zombies quite a frighting opponent.
CaptainBoom is offline   Reply With Quote