Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new army?
Old 20 Dec 2010, 18:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default new army?

hey as the title says my mate (who if you go back far enough thehe knows someone that (apparantly not sure myself) works at GW main office) say there is a new aarmy coming out in about 2 yrs or so but the wierd thing is that all the army is/are pykers even there vehicles aurgment there pyker abillities and there are no actual conventual/normal weapons.
so has any one else heard of this? and tell me what you think?

-maddosammo-

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2010, 18:52   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I personally think it's a bad idea as it takes them too long to roll out new updates, editions, and errata as it is for the things they already have. I would imagine they're thinking about it, but I would hate to see them go through with it.
Old 09 Jan 2011, 14:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

nah, an army of pykers sounds bad their are enough of those around anyway.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 20:33   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Anapparentlybrassdeamon

A highly doubt that GW even has the capability of integrating a new army into the 40K universe. How would an entirely new army fit into the background of 40k that has already been established.

In order for a new army to be introduced effectivley GW would have to make an event as cataclysmic as the storm of chaos happen in the 40k universe(s)

It seems largely improbable,

Armies played:
40K:
Chaos marines
Chaos demons
Space marines
Orks (fun story)

Warhammer:
Orcs and Goblins
Warriors of Chaos (all gods)
Deamons of Chaos (again, all gods)
Wood elves (seriously need to restart these.)

See you on the Battlefield.
Anapparentlybrassdeamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2011, 12:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hold on people, I recently heard of a new army (which may or may not be true) that some guys called Alienhunters are soon to arrive. It might not even happen but then again, we might see these dudes out on the game board in a few years.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 21:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Lupus

Alienhunters harkins back to the third inquisition codex, Daemonhunters & Witch Hunters being the first two
Old 28 Jan 2011, 22:11   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anapparentlybrassdeamon View Post
A highly doubt that GW even has the capability of integrating a new army into the 40K universe. How would an entirely new army fit into the background of 40k that has already been established.

In order for a new army to be introduced effectivley GW would have to make an event as cataclysmic as the storm of chaos happen in the 40k universe(s)

It seems largely improbable,
They shoved the Tau into the universe. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
Hold on people, I recently heard of a new army (which may or may not be true) that some guys called Alienhunters are soon to arrive. It might not even happen but then again, we might see these dudes out on the game board in a few years.
Maybe a new line of figures, maybe some extra figures for some already established army, but if it's an entirely new army... I'll eat a shoe. They absolutely, positively cannot manage the armies now in an efficient manner to even entertain the idea of a new army. We've been waiting on a new codex for how long? And how long have the Necron been waiting before us? Seriously.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 01:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I know that GW's marketing is geared toward people who have been in the game for 18 months or less, and roughly in middle to high school years in age. If you are still playing any GW game after that, GW assumes that you have all the figures that you are going to play with. At that point you are outside there demographic.

The truth is it took me only that long to aquire my Tau army. The same goes for my brother and his Khorne army, and every other army I have collected.

I have heard that the =][= is the next for a redo, and that Alienhunters has a chance to be incorporated into that codex. I might even look into draging them out of storage and play them with my SMurfs again.

There is a reason why the vast majority of the gamers I play with are going to WarMachine. I'm thinking of getting into WarMachine too. WarMachine designers focus on the rules and balance of the game. They already got the, Oooo SHINY, part done.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 22:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

it's called eldar, lol. It is possible that they would do this, they make the fluff and with work they can somehow weave a new race in. They introduced the necrons after all, but who knows.

azr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 08:49   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I think before they should even dare try to make a new army, is for them to make sure EVERY OTHER army is up to date with the current edition. That means Eldar, Chaos, Tau, and Necrons should all have their codex creep, then consider introducing a new race (or addon) for the next edition.
Oriorortus is offline   Reply With Quote