Warhammer 40K Forum

New FAQ for 'nids and BA's
Closed Thread
Old 30 Jun 2010, 13:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default New FAQ for 'nids and BA's

Hi,

The FAQ are on the GW site!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...400019&start=2 at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!

- Will
Old 30 Jun 2010, 13:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: New FAQ for 'nids and BA's

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THEY'RE OUT.

I love you Will. :P

Quote:
Q:If a Hive Tyrant or the Swarmlord joins a unit of Tyrant Guard, is it treated as an Independent Character for the purposes of resolving shooting attacks (i.e. independent characters who are monstrous creatures can be targeted separately from the unit) and assaults (i.e. independent characters always count as separate units in an assault)?
A: No.
Joy!

Doom allows cover. Does not work on units in vehicles. It IS a Zoanthrope for the purposes of Warp Field. The Mawloc can Deep Strike on enemy units. I'm surprised by the inability for a Prime to use a Spore while attached to a unit - that seems extremely strange but I guess it was never a transport in the first place.

[hr]

Aha! I was right all along. You can take no equipment beyond the upgrade to Furioso Librarian, as it replaces all of his equipment with Force Weapon, Blood Fist, and so on.

And Land Raiders don't get Descent of Angels. Thank god they cleared that bullshit up.

And Corbulo doesn't work on the first turn or other such rolls? Surprising.

Yay, the Vindicator is now a large blast and the Deathstrike is not. Woo. And they cleared up the Sanguinary Priest - that Chalice of Blood/Blood Chalice was a silly typo.

[hr]

I'm only disappointed that they didn't answer if Spore Mines are kill points, a rules debate which continues to annoy me.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 13:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Last updated July 1st 2010
A document from the far-flung future!

None of the BA answers seemed particularly unexpected, beyond Corbulo's reroll not being allowed for First Turn and Deployment rolls.

Old 30 Jun 2010, 13:53   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Nice to see the Doom of Malan'tai is freed of idiocy now... why people assumed it could hit units inside vehicles is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Jul 2010, 09:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

As there are threads discussing these FAQ's in their relevant sections, please take all further comments to those relevant threads

Blood Angels FAQ discussion.
Tyranid FAQ discussion.

However, though the thread is locked, I note that Will seems to adhere to the GW hotlink policy that this site is supposed to use very closely, linking to hub pages rather than direct to PDFs. So for setting a good example I think an applaud is in order.
Closed Thread