Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codex Deamonhunters and Witchhunters now available...
Old 23 Jun 2010, 21:06   #11 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Codex Deamonhunters and Witchhunters now available...

I was actually hoping for a Codex: Inqusition. That would have been cool. I have never been a fan of Daemonhunters of Witchunters, but I was Hoping that in Codex: Inquisition you could get Ordo Xenos as well. Deathwatch and Inquistors with eldar/Tau weaponry etc. seemed quite a cool thing for me.

But as I said, Witchunters and Daemonhunters never really interested me, so I'm not sad to see them reduced to downloadables.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 21:45   #12 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnightCuron Send a message via MSN to DarkKnightCuron

While WH can induct Guard units into their lists, Daemonhunters absolutely cannot induct any units into their own lists; DH are not a completely closed off list, practically nerfing the entire DH army list, as they cannot induct a guard platoon for their heavy weapon support. While yes, this gets rid of Leafblower nonsense, it also hurts WH and DH lists that much more, sadly. This is a major hit for Inquisition players, let me tell you.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 21:48   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

At least you guys didn't get squatted, I don't think anyone was wishing that upon you but the chance was there.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 21:59   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I didn't expect the Imperial Inquisition .
terminator44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 22:33   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

I feel somewhat glad I bought a Daemon Hunters codex the other day.

Thank god for sales prices due to the store in question not paying GW for there stock :P ;D

*edit*
Now that I think about it, could this be GW's way of saying "I.O.U 1 codex" ??

They did similar with the Blood Angels one.......
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 22:40   #16 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
At least you guys didn't get squatted, I don't think anyone was wishing that upon you but the chance was there.
I'm sorry, I should be happy I got kicked in the teeth because that means GW hasn't forgotten about me??? We just tought it couldn't get worse, yet GW managed to add insult to injury. They don't care enought to do a new dex... or update ours with a new PDF ( la BA)... or even, now, to properly put our old codice as PDFs.

Quite frankly, if one of my customers was treated as I'm treated now, I'd be very ashamed. Id find a way of quickly set things straight. Yet, GW shows us, once again, that they do not feel the need to keep us as customers. Especially us veterans.

Really, as much as I can see GW wanting to scrap the leafblower that some WAAC idiots were using, thanks for kicking all the fluff players who've stood by the =I= all those years. Morons...

Phil
Old 23 Jun 2010, 22:52   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
I'm sorry, I should be happy I got kicked in the teeth because that means GW hasn't forgotten about me??? We just tought it couldn't get worse, yet GW managed to add insult to injury. They don't care enought to do a new dex... or update ours with a new PDF ( la BA)... or even, now, to properly put our old codice as PDFs.

Quite frankly, if one of my customers was treated as I'm treated now, I'd be very ashamed. Id find a way of quickly set things straight. Yet, GW shows us, once again, that they do not feel the need to keep us as customers. Especially us veterans.

Really, as much as I can see GW wanting to scrap the leafblower that some WAAC idiots were using, thanks for kicking all the fluff players who've stood by the =I= all those years. Morons...

Phil
Your preaching to a Tau player, I don't want to hear any complaints about an army "kicked in the teeth". At least you guys had a large part of Fifth edition to combo up and play through with a nice advantage.

I'm not saying that you should be happy, but I don't feel anything towards the armies crying about it when they somehow expect sympathy from an army largely ignored as well by GW for much longer. Being outright told your hundreds or thousands of *insert monetary medium of choice* is for nothing would have been worse.

At this point, you should count your lucky breaks that you weren't canceled outright and join up with the rest of us in the line for a new/effective codex for the edition. We can all join up and ta'uk'me together, just not at each other. ;D

Old 23 Jun 2010, 23:12   #18 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm another one who was hoping to see an Inquisition codex sometime in the future, but at least they're not dead. I think they should have been given a modified Allies rule so that the two inquisition armies could at least combine forces (but not be available to other armies), but that should be easy enough to House Rule.
Zeeblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 23:16   #19 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I hear you... I started Tau last year... Playing regularly against SW and Nids made me shelve that army too.

Right now, I'm re-starting WFB. I'm tired of the infinitely long wait for a codex. After all, since my armies are WH/DH/Necrons and Tau. I'm not even sure what a new codex is since the last one I bought (tau empire) was already a 2-3 years old.

Hence my irrepressible rage towards GW...

Phil
Old 24 Jun 2010, 00:20   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
WH/DH/Necrons and Tau
Okay, I admit that you're making me feel sorry for you now. :P

Skeith might have a point with his post, though if following that example it will be some time before they get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeith
Now that I think about it, could this be GW's way of saying "I.O.U 1 codex" ??

They did similar with the Blood Angels one.......