Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Price Increases in June
Old 12 May 2010, 10:30   #21 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Price Increases in June

Good excuse for me to buy the 20 wraithguard I was thinking about getting. I can justify it to the wife now, "look love I may have spent 160 but I am saving 10. Lol she's gonna have my balls.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2010, 11:36   #22 (permalink)
Ethereal

Makes me glad that I very very rarely buy anything from GW. :P
Old 12 May 2010, 12:36   #23 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I wouldn't bitch so much if it wasn't for the price increase they had less than a year ago. But it is not just them its everyone. Everyone is out for the money, even schools for crying outloud. It seems like everywhere I look someone is jacking the prices up, and my raises look smaller every year. When I got my raise at work this year put me into a new level on my insurance premium. The raise didn't even cover the amount that was added to my monthly insurance premium.

Same month, my car insurance went up. (No apparent reason) and my monthly gym memebership when up $2.50, (hell it has went up like that 3 times in less than a year and a half).

So it just pisses me off anymore when anything's price goes up, because I know everyone else will follow along looking for their chunk. Remember when gas prices went up? When the price of gas went up, prepainted minis like D&D and Star Wars just about doubled in price, from $7.99 to $14.99. Never did go back down either...

You are not going to see me saying kind words about this. If it was just GW, I wouldn't care, but it everyone.

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2010, 16:07   #24 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scythican
I wouldn't ta'uk'me so much if it wasn't for the price increase they had less than a year ago. But it is not just them its everyone. Everyone is out for the money, even schools for crying outloud. It seems like everywhere I look someone is jacking the prices up, and my raises look smaller every year. When I got my raise at work this year put me into a new level on my insurance premium. The raise didn't even cover the amount that was added to my monthly insurance premium.

Same month, my car insurance went up. (No apparent reason) and my monthly gym memebership when up $2.50, (hell it has went up like that 3 times in less than a year and a half).

So it just pisses me off anymore when anything's price goes up, because I know everyone else will follow along looking for their chunk. Remember when gas prices went up? When the price of gas went up, prepainted minis like D&D and Star Wars just about doubled in price, from $7.99 to $14.99. Never did go back down either...

You are not going to see me saying kind words about this. If it was just GW, I wouldn't care, but it everyone.
Scythian that is not a wage increase that is a de facto pay cut for the services you receive. Why do you have to pay more for the insurance if you got a raise could you decline it if you knew the insurance premium would go up. That is lying and is just plain dishonest. That kind of klln happened to my mother and now we had to pay thousands from the worse insurance we got oh what klln. Being able to buy less things that make you happy sucks.
Old 12 May 2010, 18:55   #25 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_wu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scythican
I wouldn't ta'uk'me so much if it wasn't for the price increase they had less than a year ago. But it is not just them its everyone. Everyone is out for the money, even schools for crying outloud. It seems like everywhere I look someone is jacking the prices up, and my raises look smaller every year. When I got my raise at work this year put me into a new level on my insurance premium. The raise didn't even cover the amount that was added to my monthly insurance premium.

Scythian that is not a wage increase that is a de facto pay cut for the services you receive. Why do you have to pay more for the insurance if you got a raise could you decline it if you knew the insurance premium would go up. That is lying and is just plain dishonest. That kind of klln happened to my mother and now we had to pay thousands from the worse insurance we got oh what klln. Being able to buy less things that make you happy sucks.
I work for my local board of eduction. I get a salary increase once a year. I get health insurance through WV Public Employees Insurance Agency. That premium is based off of what my yearly pay is. As I get increases in my salary, I can also be thrown into a new premium bracket. I looked at my insurance package the other day, and it looks like it goes up like this every other year. If I had 30 years experience right now, I would have to pay triple that of someone just starting.

But you are right, being able to buy less stuff to make me happy sucks. I said **** it today and decided to trade my Chevy trukk off for a Mustang GT. Might as well get it now while I can.

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2010, 19:00   #26 (permalink)
Ethereal

Has anyone else heard of any other websites that are saying this?? I had a word with a litte bird in my LFGS and he just stared at me with a blank face. Now, bear in mind that he has just celebrated working for GW for half his life he said that if there was to be a price rise then GW will tell us in the next 2 weeks although he hasn't heard of anything.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2010, 19:15   #27 (permalink)
Shas'La

It's official that GW's gonna price hike their stuff... I believe this price hike occurs every year or something.

Oh well, no matter what, we're gonna end up buying their stuff anyways, right? :P

Old 12 May 2010, 22:07   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Last year the starter packs and hardcover rulebooks for fantasy and 40k went up heaps (from 95au to 115au for AOBR and rulebook from 85au to 96au) at least they are leaving the battleforces alone - i spose it means they are even better value now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2010, 02:19   #29 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobb
It's official that GW's gonna price hike their stuff... I believe this price hike occurs every year or something.

Oh well, no matter what, we're gonna end up buying their stuff anyways, right? :P
Feel free to point out something.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2010, 03:20   #30 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan
For "rebounding" from a recession, their profit reports have been much more stable than you guys realize.
Yes this is where my problem with this price increase is. They made tons of money recently, and do you guys know how much it costs to make these models?

GW employees get something like a 60% discount, so take your box prices and 40% of that is the cost to make and all that jazz. 60% profit is crazy nonsense, but making that higher for no apparent reason is also crazy. If we got a good, reasonable response why this is happening then I would be ok.

Many in my gaming group are already looking for different sources for their models, some even threatening to drop it all together. Bad times...
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote