Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rumors of the coming Dark
Old 29 Apr 2010, 15:15   #31 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Rumors of the coming Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Open Topped is the difference between Stunned and Shaken, Immobilised and Wreaked. Its also the risk of being wreaked on a Glance. Add AP1 to the mix and you can really blow stuff up.
I'll gladly trade an open-topped AV12 fast skimmer for my open-topped AV10 Trukks any day of the week. My Trukks go boom from small arms fire whereas AV12 is only in danger from S6 shots and up.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 15:20   #32 (permalink)
Shas'El

Be that as it may. The armour 12 upgrade will mean that the agonizing, poison, drug users will be in your face. Orcs with just 10 armour still take awhile to get across the board. These guys will be in your face in turn 1 with the vehicles getting cover saves.

Since dark eldar can shoot well and fight well the open top benefit them shooting from the vehicle and for them assaulting out of it. Wouldn't be surprised they get a portable +4 cover save since both gear for both races used to do the same thing.

Dark Eldar don't scare me cause I can blow them away before they can get close. The armour upgrade makes them able to be more durable. So it will be harder to get rid of the mass skimmer darklances. Orcs can't hit the broadside of a barn which don't make thier shooting not so bad. But Dark Eldar shoot like marines.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 18:42   #33 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Melta-lance. I know everytime someone has said it won't happen lately... it actually has, but that is a rumor that won't IMO.

A melta is actually more powerful than a lance. The nids str 10 lance is not the strongest anti tank ranged weapon in 40k, an obliterator's twin linked melta is still better. A melta-lance weapon? :sadnshocked: Lets just take all the str D weapons from apoc and put them in 40k, because thats the logical next step.

I would like to see the army done well, more people would play them, and they are a one of a kind army to play against, no other army plays anything like them. Everyone is worried about the armor going up on their vehicles... that usually means the cost goes up as well. Poisoned weapons... well if any army has them, it should be DE. According to fluff even their splinter rifles fire poisoned shards.
Ironwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 18:57   #34 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwinds
Melta-lance. I know everytime someone has said it won't happen lately... it actually has, but that is a rumor that won't IMO.

When Lance weapons were invented, the developers said there would never be a Strength 10 Lance, as it was too unbalanced.

Oh, look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 19:01   #35 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Open Topped is the difference between Stunned and Shaken, Immobilised and Wreaked. Its also the risk of being wreaked on a Glance. Add AP1 to the mix and you can really blow stuff up.
I'll gladly trade an open-topped AV12 fast skimmer for my open-topped AV10 Trukks any day of the week. My Trukks go boom from small arms fire whereas AV12 is only in danger from S6 shots and up.
Same any ork player would agree.

- Will
Old 29 Apr 2010, 19:03   #36 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Quote:

When Lance weapons were invented, the developers said there would never be a Strength 10 Lance, as it was too unbalanced.

Oh, look.
I know... trust me... I know. But a melta-lance is basically a guaranteed pen every time. If you are going to do that it might as well just say.. auto-penetrates. Save us the time of rolling.
Ironwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 19:05   #37 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Quote:

Oh, look.
I know... trust me... I know. But a melta-lance is basically a guaranteed pen every time. If you are going to do that it might as well just say.. auto-penetrates. Save us the time of rolling.
Unless it is like str 4 or 5. Then it could be kinda fair... then again :shifty:

- Will
Old 29 Apr 2010, 19:07   #38 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmmm Str 10 ap 1 lance at 18" only need a 2 to effect a landraider.

Melta of any kind need a 6 or higher with 2 dice to do the same effect. Plus the melta have to be a lot closer.

A melta-lance is just plain retarded. I guess a str 10 ap 1 lance weapon isn't poweful enough. But than a monolith wouldn't get effected by it.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 20:04   #39 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah it might be retarded, but it depends who writes the codex. Lets just hope it isn't Matt Ward!

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 20:17   #40 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Same thing with FA 12, which won't really make a huge difference like everyone seems to think, since the new vehicles look like they will be shaped similarly to the current ones and that means it'll be hard to claim front armor at all.

And just like all the bitching and moaning about zoanthropes, it'll prove to be for naught because when it comes to actually playing the game, most people will find that the melta-lance won't be as "broken" as they said. What do zoanthropes usually do more often than not? They DS next to a tank, blow it up, and then die. OMG TYRANIDS IS BROKEN 40K IS RUINED FOREVER!!!1

Anyone actually stop and think that maybe, maybe, GW kinda knows what they're doing? Is that really such a ridiculous concept? Have any of the other new things they've done since the start of 5th been as game-breaking as everyone has said? Once again, the fact that everyone has so little faith makes me wonder why the **** anyone even keeps playing. Anyway, it will probably be really expensive and have a short range (I'd bet money that it'll be shorter than the Tyranid weapon at least, if it's over 12" I'll be surprised), and will likely function similar to how people use Tyranid zoanthropes now: they arrive, blow up a tank, and then die the following turn.

I dunno, and personally I don't really care, I'm just excited that Dark Eldar might actually be getting an update for really real this time. Actually, now that I think about it, cries that the sky is falling might not be all that unfounded...they said this day would never come, after all. Watch your head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A. Nubis
Yeah it might be retarded, but it depends who writes the codex. Lets just hope it isn't Matt Ward!
Rumor's been that Phil Kelly is writing it for over a couple of years now, with Jes doing minis.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote