Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rumors of the coming Dark
Old 29 Apr 2010, 08:38   #21 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Rumors of the coming Dark

Ravagers cant carry troops

Warriors have uber BS because their cunning accuracy exceeds the natural guardsman.

Warriors have good WS because they are raiders and are used to fighting in close quarters, and even their basic warriros can take apart guardsmen.

Blasters are cheap because a 12'' lance weapon is not as good as a 12'' melta weapon - because treating AV14 as 12 is nothign compared to rolling 2d6 penetration.

And they wont drop DE warrior costs because they cost 8 points, same as guardians, and have better WS, BS, I, Ld. If anything they will go up to 10, but will get an extra attack and more weapon options.

And seriously 195 points for 5 darklances on one vehicle isnt as good as 210 points for 6 dark lances which can move 12'' then fire 36'' - especially on 2 seperate vehicles of uber destruction.

Chicop, against a boat spam list using their SECOND edition codex will see you hit with 30 lances on turn 1 - so dont expect that to decrease to inefficiency until the second turn...

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 08:59   #22 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
Ravagers cant carry troops

Warriors have uber BS because their cunning accuracy exceeds the natural guardsman.

Warriors have good WS because they are raiders and are used to fighting in close quarters, and even their basic warriros can take apart guardsmen.

Blasters are cheap because a 12'' lance weapon is not as good as a 12'' melta weapon - because treating AV14 as 12 is nothign compared to rolling 2d6 penetration.

And they wont drop DE warrior costs because they cost 8 points, same as guardians, and have better WS, BS, I, Ld. If anything they will go up to 10, but will get an extra attack and more weapon options.

And seriously 195 points for 5 darklances on one vehicle isnt as good as 210 points for 6 dark lances which can move 12'' then fire 36'' - especially on 2 seperate vehicles of uber destruction.

Chicop, against a boat spam list using their SECOND edition codex will see you hit with 30 lances on turn 1 - so dont expect that to decrease to inefficiency until the second turn...

Lord Zambia
Not saying blasters is better than Meltas. But meltas have to get with 6" to be effective while blasters have the luxary of being 12" and still have the lance ability. Open topped have better range cause it's open topped. The guard have to measure from the rear hatch where in some cases they lose some distance shooting at targets infront of the chimera.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 09:50   #23 (permalink)
Shas'El

I love the fluff for DE, I just hope the models can stand up to it with the next lot of releases that will inevitably come.
Some more variation in the poses wouldn't go amiss, and a more gruesome touch.
Like that harlequins are in though!

I could be persuaded to do a small DE force if they get the imagery right this time.

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 12:04   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to TraceofToxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
Open topped have better range cause it's open topped. The guard have to measure from the rear hatch where in some cases they lose some distance shooting at targets infront of the chimera.
The firing point of a Chimera is not the rear hatch, it's the top hatch.
TraceofToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 12:44   #25 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceofToxin
Quote:
Open topped have better range cause it's open topped. The guard have to measure from the rear hatch where in some cases they lose some distance shooting at targets infront of the chimera.
So the million dollar question is the top hatch the hatch connecting to the turrent or is the top hatch is the big double doors in the rear of the tank. If it's from the turrent than me and others been doing it all wrong. Which would be slighlty better for front shots but you lose distance from side shots. Open topped vehicles don't have a hatch a don't lose weapon distance due to a small hole.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 12:52   #26 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

I will wait for this realease with a truck of salt behind me, and a Grove worth of lemons the other side.

Some of these changes sound pretty damn good.

Note on changes to the Raider & Ravager.

If you took time to notice that awesome picture of the DE in the rulebook, you'll notice the vehicles they are riding are of a more Corsairian shape. I'd be pleased if that is what we should expect for new models.
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 13:34   #27 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So the million dollar question is the top hatch the hatch connecting to the turrent or is the top hatch is the big double doors in the rear of the tank. If it's from the turrent than me and others been doing it all wrong. Which would be slighlty better for front shots but you lose distance from side shots. Open topped vehicles don't have a hatch a don't lose weapon distance due to a small hole.
The guys inside fire from the Hatch on top of the Chimera behind the turret. I think he assumed you ment the Fold Down door on the back of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 13:46   #28 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The guys inside fire from the Hatch on top of the Chimera behind the turret. I think he assumed you ment the Fold Down door on the back of it.
That's what I thought. That's kinda silly to think they shoot from that. That's worse than thinking from the turrent. I use rear hatch cause it takes up most of the rear of the vehicle.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 13:49   #29 (permalink)
Shas'La

Personally I think Open-Topped or not makes no difference. If you're smart enough to tactically move your units around, you can deploy them to assault in the same turn as they disembark, isn't that beneficial? Of course, even if it is closed, the worse thing it can happen is you get a +1 to your vehicle damage table. It doesn't really scare you now does it? DE with their boatspam is pretty much the same as Orks with their Speedfreak list, it's nothing to be shocked about.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 14:06   #30 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Open Topped is the difference between Stunned and Shaken, Immobilised and Wreaked. Its also the risk of being wreaked on a Glance. Add AP1 to the mix and you can really blow stuff up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote