Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rumors of the coming Dark
Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:41   #11 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Rumors of the coming Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
If they mess up my first ever army, I'm gonna bomb GW Hq.
Do it anyway...

Also I want to see the supposed new models as they are supposedly re-doing all of the DE section.

- Will
Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:51   #12 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm filled with a sense of uneasy anticipation, as well as a healthy dose of skepticism. If the Dark Eldar are getting a new range of models, I might have to forgo my IG for a while to get the new releases.
Ashanarubabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2010, 17:20   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Here's to Games Workshop successfully constructing a glass cannon army that is just as fun to play against as it is to play with. int:

No, I don't think they can do it either but hey, here's another one to hoping! int:

:P
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..." ~ Terry Pratchett
ParadoxRifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 00:06   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will of kaos
Also I want to see the supposed new models as they are supposedly re-doing all of the DE section.
Well they've probably had them for a while if that pair of Dark Eldar they have at every Gamesday. You know, the pretty stuff no one can have, like those Tau units that one guy sculpted. I wanna know if there can be an Incubi army. Yeah I know, another MEQ army 'woo'. I don't care, the models are the only ones that look good in the current range.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 01:43   #15 (permalink)
Shas'El

Are you joking. Armor 12 open topped vehicles would make that army pretty hard to kill. That means expect turn 2 mini lance weapons shooting up vehicles.

And a melta lance. Bad enough they thought a str 10 lance weapon was a good ideal.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 01:47   #16 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
Are you joking. Armor 12 open topped vehicles would make that army pretty hard to kill. That means expect turn 2 mini lance weapons shooting up vehicles.
It is worth keeping in mind that if the shape factor of the Dark Eldar vehicles remains the same as it is now, their front arc is extremely small. They would basically be Armor 12 if they were pointed directly at you. Ork Battlewagons have a similar problem if you put a roller on them.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 01:52   #17 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
It is worth keeping in mind that if the shape factor of the Dark Eldar vehicles remains the same as it is now, their front arc is extremely small. They would basically be Armor 12 if they were pointed directly at you. Ork Battlewagons have a similar problem if you put a roller on them.
True. That would mean they would have to come from the corners of the board. Also having long shapes helps with the side shooting.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 05:48   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Im pretty sure that the ravagers would be a pain to remove. I would expect that their vehicle upgrades will be much much cheaper (20 points for a night shield, which is worth 10 at the most)

12/12/10 is a pretty formative armour facings, in fact its as good as an eldar falcon, but it is open topped.

Cost of dark lances is no different from the cost of marine missile launchers, which are on bodies more able to take damage (with a much better armour save and toughness) in fact, missile launchers are free! Scourges can have 4 dark lances a squad, but 5 scourges with 4 dark lances costs 164 points! Dark lances are fine, because its our only source of AT and they are only really good against heavily armoured vehicles. While a dark lance and a hammerhead have the same chance of penetrating a land raider, the hammerhead autoglances AV10 vehicles, and is AP1.

Dark lance prices need not go up, because even against a mech list they wont tak edown too much unless they are incredibly lucky. If anything, they need to go down - Ravagers and raiders are too expensive IMO. Raiders should be 45 points and ravagers 90.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 05:52   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

Wow, I'd heard that they weren't even on the horizon. Although "Horizon" is a technical term. The rumored release date is Q1 2011 so maybe to the people who told me what they knew that wasn't the horizon. >

Anyway, this all sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to them getting redone. Every army that they redo is one step closer to Tau getting redone! ;D
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2010, 09:29   #20 (permalink)
Shas'El

The assault lance weapons from the open topped 12/12/10 vehicle is what I'm worried about. On turn 1 they can get into position and start shooting away in turn 2. I have to re- look to see if the crew can fire over combat speed. If the crew can fire at crusing speed than this will be as bad as the guard hiding in chimeras with meltas. Only exception of only 5 models can shoot the whole squad can. No one fears orcs doing this cause orcs are bs 2. But dark eldar for some strange reason have high bs and ws.

Warrior squads can take 2 blasters which currently cost only 90 pts in a minimum squad with a ravenger would hit around 195pts. All I have to do is get within a foot and expect lance death on the move. But my guess with the typical 15 pt drop and they probably drop troop cost to about 6 pts. That means you'll probably see 135pt gun platforms. Oh I can't forget the 3 darklances already on the vehicle. So expect 5 lance shots on 6" movement which is better than the guard hq with 4 meltas at 90 pts with chimera at 145pts. I hope blasters go up in cost. I still can't belive blasters cost so cheap.