Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ultramarines the movie
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:05   #21 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Ultramarines the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juraigamer
All in favor of renaming Warhammer 40k to Space Marines: Their chapters and their enemies, please say aye.
Aye :P

And by the bloody Eye! Ultramarines?! Typical...

Ah well, I'm sure we will see some awesome action scenes e.g. an Ultramarine single-handedly slays a Carnifex.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:11   #22 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Can we get off the anti-marine blitz please? I admit, not what anyone but GW marketing would have chosen for thier first forray into the 41st millenium film but hey.....
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:42   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritbw
Quote:
The moment fans have been waiting for is finally here... for the first time, the Warhammer 40,000 universe will be realised in a feature-length movie on DVD.

Ultramarines is a 70-minute sci-fi thriller that will use CGI and state-of-the-art animation production techniques. Games Workshop is delighted to be working with UK-based production company Codex Pictures, who have the momentous task of bringing the Warhammer 40,000 universe to the screen.
Bet ya it won't make it out of the UK.
...crap. I ordered Battle Royale from UK and it didn't play on my dvd player, so.... I repeat: crap.

And I actually like Ultramarines. Hell, they're my second favorite chapter, after the space wolves who are nothing but complete viking rip offs....
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:50   #24 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by juraigamer
All in favor of renaming Warhammer 40k to Space Marines: Their chapters and their enemies, please say aye.
um... hell no. 'space marine' was an old game where little plastic titans fought other little plastic titans around cardboard buildings. 40k can be renamed 'craftworlds?', or maybe 'hive fleet', or 'tomb world', or 'waagh!'... maybe just to bolster the morale of the less regarded armies in 40k? SMurfs are an overrated flagship product that everyone fears, not because of tactical finesse, but because of lopsided codex. There's plenty of other fluff that doesn't care one whit about the emperor. It's enough that they get favoritism in game, they don't need to rename it in their honor too. Great movie concept, but alienates the alien players. why not just rename it 'space-facists versus alien heresy' and have it inclusive of all armies?
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:53   #25 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

Quote:
Can we get off the anti-marine blitz please?
Could this be a forum rule or something? Every other post is "I hate space marines because everyone plays them. Everyone who plays space marines must be noobs! :'("

It's.... grating.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:57   #26 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj
Quote:
Can we get off the anti-marine blitz please?
Could this be a forum rule or something? Every other post is "I hate space marines because everyone plays them. Everyone who plays space marines must be noobs! :'("

It's.... grating.
It was at one time, I'm starting to think it should be again.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 03:03   #27 (permalink)
Shas'El

okay sorry. let me rephrase.

I think its awesome to try and create a 40k universe style movie, and of course it will feature space marines because they are the superheroes of the 41st millenium... but the game needs to be neutral about such things.

I think the exploits of a single tactical squad, similar to 'force 10 from navaronne', or maybe of a commander and entourage, with a lot of 'patton' or 'longest day' style command footage could make for a great movie. Not all smurfs are noobs, but it is unfaiir to all us minor races to think of recreating warhamer into a game that just supports space marines as heroes. Anyone remember 'firewarrior' the video game... I never played it, my bro did and I saw it a couple times while he played, but I remember thinking how cool it was that they made a game that starred some alien mindset as heros and primary characters, instead of just another Imperial glory fest.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 03:07   #28 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

The only thing that should really be against the rules is creating threads devoted entirely to bashing armies, or saying certain things for the sole purpose of trolling people. As for frustrated anti-Marine sentiment in general though, that's something you'll just have to deal with for as long as you have a 40k forum, sorry.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2009, 03:19   #29 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
The only thing that should really be against the rules is creating threads devoted entirely to bashing armies, or saying certain things for the sole purpose of trolling people. As for frustrated anti-Marine sentiment in general though, that's something you'll just have to deal with for as long as you have a 40k forum, sorry.
There is a diffrence to being disattisfied with marines and turning every thread where there is even a mention of marines into a bitchfest about marines. The last month has been especially bad and as said, we had in the past instituted a rule that those doing so in the news and rumours board once before because it was so bad.

We know there is resentment out there. We all would like them to treat all the armies more fairly, But help me god if we have to get the smite sticks out a again to restore some civility to these boards....Your human beings, act like it, not spoiled children.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 03:44   #30 (permalink)
Shas'El

smite smite smite. Like anyone is really that bothered.

Marines are AWESOME. great story line, great personality in their fluff, perfect heroes for a storyline, action movie thingy. We may have our problems on tabletop, but I don't think all marine players are universally regarded as noobs, or inferior. A lot of older players who have seen it over the years understand that they have a distinct advantage in being GW faves, but plenty of approaches to the game can make a mess of the whole armor save/statline advantage. This can't be about dissing marine. I was just saying please dont name the game after them. A MOVIE about them is something everyone will want to see, no matter how heretical or xenos their game is. Next we'll get accusations that SMurfs are the hollywood red carpet sellouts or something... well more power to the power armor! They are all about moments of glory in the face of ludicrous odds, and I assume their movie will be just that - which is the ideal for an action movie.

No hate on Marines, just don't rename the game after them, or they might run out of non-marine opponents.