Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Demolisher and Hell Hound kits coming soon...
Old 20 May 2009, 12:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default New Demolisher and Hell Hound kits coming soon...

Hello,

You may want to hold off on buying Demolishers and hellhounds for a few weeks; oh and you don't need to order those forgeworld Leman Russ Executioner turrets now

From Scryer in the Darkness

The Demolisher and the Hellhound kit will be re-released soon as a recut models. Based on the June new price list posted on several forums, the Demolisher and Hellhound kits are listed twice. The old SKU and the new SKU are both listed.

The redesigned Demolisher:

Redesigned 'slim line' turret as well as new hull and sponson weapons. Can assemble either a Leman Russ Demolisher, Executioner or Punisher. Each variant simply having a different turret weapon component. CAD pic of Executioner plasma turret:

The redesigned Hellhound:

Redesigned side panels, rear hull and turret. Can assemble either a Hellhound, Devil Dog or Bane Wolf. Each variant simply having a different turret weapon component. CAD pics of the Devil Dog were shown at Games Day Birmingham UK 08:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attach...8&d=1233353300

99140105260 44-12 Imperial Guard Hellhound $45.00
99140105261 47-11 Imperial Guard Demolisher $50.00

99120105044 42-07 IMPERIAL GUARD HELLHOUND $49.50 New
99120105045 42-11 IMPERIAL GUARD LEMAN RUSS DEMOLISHER $49.50 New

From Scryer in the Darkness (and the Dude) from Warseer:

Other Kits

All the follow-up releases for the Imperial Guard are said to be spread out over 18 months, so we're not going to see everything all at once. I was told the Demolisher and Hellhound kits would come first with Artillery kits "later". Which I took to mean at least one later this year, but it could just as easily be next year.

Leman Russ (1 Model Plastic Kit)
Planned to be recut in a similar manner as the Demolisher but reportedly is still a long way off. As I recall, it was said there would only be three variants in this kit. So that would leave one option left out.

Storm Troopers
Assumed to be plastic. Greens of a Storm Trooper with shotgun were seen at UK Birmingham Games Day 08. It is unclear when or if this will be released. The plastic set was long rumoured to be released with an "Inquisiton supplement" around/with Planetstrike, but we have yet to see anything. The absence of Kasrkin models in the recently-released Guard Codex would seem to offer indirect support of new models being in the works. Old rumour was a box set of 10 models between 12-15.

Rough Riders
Plastic Rough Riders were rumored a while back also, with a supposed release in the 1.5 Wave, but I have no idea where that rumor came from and can't account for it's veracity.

*edited for blocked links*

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Krumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2009, 12:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: New Demolisher and Hell Hound kits coming soon...

I think we are all more interested in the blatant SPLINTER RIFLE!!!

Seriously though, that's kinda cool. I like the look of the Executioner plasma cannon, more like a Stormblade's plasma blastgun (or indeed any plasma blastgun). Not sure whether I'd not still use Forge World if it came to it, though.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2009, 12:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

LOL, Circus beat me to the punch, but yes, totally more interested in the splinter rifle ;D
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2009, 13:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

stormtroopers with shotguns is probably a bid doubt seeing as they dont have the option, the kit should include hot-shot lasguns. but shotguns as a option could make saence if they are planned to be used as grenadiers for veteran squads with shotguns.

the stuff looks cool, i guess they split the Russ boxes into two recut boxes including half the variants each
Old 21 May 2009, 09:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

Ooh, that Executioner turret is lookin' nice. Also, look at what's to the top-left of the Executioner turret - looks like a plastic Colossus. Looks like we could be getting an all-in-one Basilisk variant kit as well.

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 21:21   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The first thing i saw on this page was the rifle. And i stopped and said out loud "that has nothing to do with guard!"
FADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2009, 00:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar_Will
Ooh, that Executioner turret is lookin' nice. Also, look at what's to the top-left of the Executioner turret - looks like a plastic Colossus. Looks like we could be getting an all-in-one Basilisk variant kit as well.
According to the rumors, the colossus/Basilisk/griffon is coming in about a year.

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Krumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2009, 09:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor
stormtroopers with shotguns is probably a bid doubt seeing as they dont have the option, the kit should include hot-shot lasguns. but shotguns as a option could make saence if they are planned to be used as grenadiers for veteran squads with shotguns.

the stuff looks cool, i guess they split the Russ boxes into two recut boxes including half the variants each
I have heard that the new shotty storm troopers are actually for an inqusition release... (When ever that comes...) But also if they are plastic then it shouldn't be hard to replace the shottys with las guns... surly the weapons would come seperatly just like any other plastic kit?

As for the hell hound and demolisher... I'm looking forward to the demolisher kit... but i don't really see the point in he other two hell hound varients... There are leman russ varients do those jobs just as well and with better armour... so what is the point?
Old 22 May 2009, 10:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris the Original
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor

I have heard that the new shotty storm troopers are actually for an inqusition release... (When ever that comes...) But also if they are plastic then it shouldn't be hard to replace the shottys with las guns... surly the weapons would come seperatly just like any other plastic kit?

As for the hell hound and demolisher... I'm looking forward to the demolisher kit... but i don't really see the point in he other two hell hound varients... There are leman russ varients do those jobs just as well and with better armour... so what is the point?
i doubt they'll come with Only shotguns, probably lasguns aswell. a plastic kit should include some options, its not too much to ask of GW to have options for two weapon types and special weps. even the SM scouts had shotguns and bolters!, plus bolt pistols!
Old 22 May 2009, 11:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

indeed. But i thikn these storm troopers were aimed for an inquisition release not IG Hense the shot gun options.