Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stompa Kit
Old 02 Oct 2008, 15:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Stompa Kit

Well, I was just perusing the Bell of Lost souls and came across a release date for a plastic stompa kit, set for March of 2009.
http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/...g-to-town.html
Just thought you guys would like to know. There is nothing on it on warseer so far.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2008, 17:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Stompa Kit

sounds good. i hope it's true. i hope there is something for Nids and Eldar aswell, but i doubt it
Old 03 Oct 2008, 01:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Those stompas are ugly even by orc standards, they look like opera singers with orc bits stuck on their dresses. I have seen much better scratch built stompas around here maybe gw should be looking elsewhere for modelling talent.
Old 04 Oct 2008, 04:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Those are both converted I saw them in white dwarf 332. The one right befor the apacolypse realease. Sooo....Either they're ancient old plastic ones or converted ones that were stuck in the massive digital warpstorm we call the world wide web sorry to kill some hopes you had.
Although I have heard rumors of a plasic stompa on bell of lost souls and 40k online.

Guardsmen-
http://bobthebuilt.deviantart.com/ar...oster-98448744
click on it.

Apature science would to remind you that the weighted companion cube does not speak and if does it is recommended that you disregard its advice
thedestroyerofworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 14:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

there have been rumors since Apoc. and things like "they need to make it inte less amount of sprues for costs issues before releasing". and how they will look is yet unknown, hopefully better than the apoc converted ones
Old 04 Oct 2008, 15:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

I really don't see what's wrong with the Apoc stompas.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 15:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think is dumb for Games Workshop to make a kit that is the easiest model to make out of household items and random bits... I mean, grab a bucket, flip it upside down, put some wooden feet on it, add a head and some arms and some bits and your done... I just don't see what the point is...
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2008, 15:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafari Is
I think is dumb for Games Workshop to make a kit that is the easiest model to make out of household items and random bits... I mean, grab a bucket, flip it upside down, put some wooden feet on it, add a head and some arms and some bits and your done... I just don't see what the point is...
it is easy to do, yes. but some gamers prefer actual models over conversions. but i do agree, myself i rather see some other stuff like Trygon or ravenant titan, or super heavy grav tanks.
Old 04 Oct 2008, 16:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafari Is
Yeah, and that model would look retarded, I see them on eBay all the time for ridiculous prices and I would much rather have a "real" plastic kit than their homemade cardboard crap.

The fabled "Mr. Potato Head" stompas that people rant and rave about aren't that good, either, and I sure as hell wouldn't buy a plastic kit based on one of those.

And lastly, some people just think Ork players should convert everything and won't see the point in a stompa kit no matter what.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2008, 00:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think it would be a good idea to do a plastic stompa kit provided it looks good, yeah you can scratchbuild one and there are a few out there that look pretty good but for people who don't like messing around with plasticard, buckets, cardboard etc they would be an excellent alternative. Especially if there are a number of Shtlk quality ones on ebay being sold at high prices, why wouldn't gw cash in on those people? If the model looks good people will buy it even if they made their own, if the new model looks better they will probably buy it as well, why? Because the first one cost nothing and probably doesn't look half as good.

If they did a plastic kit would all the scratchbuilt ones be illegal in tournaments then?