Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Some new Rumors. Planetstrike, Scenario Book, and DoW II-like movie??
Old 24 Aug 2008, 16:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Some new Rumors. Planetstrike, Scenario Book, and DoW II-like movie??

From BoLS on LA gamesday:

Quote:
LA Gamesday has come and gone, and the following tidbits have dribbled out. I'm sure there will be more to follow throughout the day:

Planetstrike
Phil Kelly is working on this supplement that has been rumored since last year. ~There are no timelines on it, but earlier rumors placed it sometime in 2009.

Plastic Valkyrie
This long rumored kit is still said to be a possibility, but not definite. Phil kelley said that GW has the technical know-how to produce the kit, and that there is simply a business case to be made for putting it into production. ~Earlier rumors had placed the Plastic Valkyrie alongside Plastic Stormtroopers as part of the upcoming IG release schedule.

Scenario Book
With the dearth of mission vairey inthe 5th Edition book, this one seems like a no brainer. GW is considerering a scenario book with additional missions and possibly a campaign system. No production work has begun. ~This is a very old rumor that has reared it head again after many months of silence.

40k Movie
Black Library in response to an audience question replied (paraphrasing): "Well, hypothetically, there could maybe be a direct to DVD release of some kind of CGI movie with Ultramarines next year. Maybe." The quality of said effort was described as being on the same level as the Dawn of War II cutscenes. Essentially the Black Library presenter made clear that something is in the works, while issueing no guarantees as to whether it would ever be finished, or released, much less an actual timeline.

~That is a lot of good stuff in there guys, have at it. I'm not going to jump up and down yet in regards to a 40k movie. We have all seen these efforts come and go inthe past, but I'm happy GW is still pursuing the overall concept.
Some of this stuff I'm taking with a bit (or handful) of salt, but sounds nice.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 17:08   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Some new Rumors. Planetstrike, Scenario Book, and DoW II-like movie??

Well, I would love plastic Storm Troopers and the Valkyries as well >
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 17:53   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Some new Rumors. Planetstrike, Scenario Book, and DoW II-like movie??

Hehehehehe....

Movie.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 18:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, the movie would just be funny.

I had heard some where that there was going to be a Horus Heresy film. But if there was GW woould go bankrupt. Just like they almost did with Lord of The Rings.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 00:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

A Horus Heresy film series, done right, would be the lightning strike to make the company's profits soar.

A Horus Heresy film series, done wrong, would be the death of Games Workshop and annihilate everything they and we hold dear.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2008, 01:02   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

So, what you're saying Circus, is...

Let Peter Jackson handle it?
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2008, 01:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Or Lucas. It'd be destined to be successful with Lucas at the helm. Not necessarily *good*, but successful.

Peter Jackson for the good, yeah.

And whose voice talent would we want in it?

I want Tom Baker and Brian Blessed back voicing Space Marines. Best part of Fire Warrior by far.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2008, 03:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Or Lucas. It'd be destined to be successful with Lucas at the helm. Not necessarily *good*, but successful.

Peter Jackson for the good, yeah.

And whose voice talent would we want in it?

I want Tom Baker and Brian Blessed back voicing Space Marines. Best part of Fire Warrior by far.
Emperor - Patrick Stewart
Horus - Anthony hopkins
Old 25 Aug 2008, 03:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

I was at gmesday but id not get any new rumors. Wow planetsrike is sitll alive. a secnario oboks seems really intersting. I kind of wnat it. Seeing as we only really have two balanced misisons and three deployment types. I think they may decide to put kill team in the secnarios book which has been rumored to come out.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 03:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I like the Emperor played by Patrick Stewart, although the idea that he would have the same voice as Captain Picard is somehow creepy.

Any idea who the Marines might be fighting?
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote