Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Guard Codex Release Date[Update - Maybe a Vulture kit?]
Old 13 Aug 2008, 12:01   #51 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Guard Codex Release Date[Update - Maybe a Vulture kit?]

If there's rumours of a vulture though then drop guard might still be useable

fingers crossed
Old 17 Aug 2008, 07:13   #52 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Iron Warriors were "popular" too.

If something is popular because it is broken, they will crucify it.
Iron Warriors weren't broken, they just had "flavor". :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2008, 09:34   #53 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to erebus Send a message via MSN to erebus Send a message via Yahoo to erebus

I think the real question is which flavour was it, a potent Brie, a salty feta or creamy Wensleydale. :P

I don't think drop troops will be gone entirely, the rumours of a vulture/valkyrie kit would suggest to me they'll be around in some form, but I think they'll be scaled back or heavily restricted in much the same way as a "radical" inquisitor is by building it into the list- eg if you're gonna drop anything everything has to be drop capable so no leman russ, chimeras, basilisks or hellhounds.
erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2008, 01:21   #54 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
Quote:
Iron Warriors were "popular" too.

If something is popular because it is broken, they will crucify it.
Iron Warriors weren't broken, they just had "flavor". :P
"Flavor?"

I have honestly not seen a more broken element in a game.

I mean, really, four Heavy support options, plus the choice to choose Basilisks from the Guard Codex.

You basically had the ability to shell the living hell out of your opponent before he could do anything.

Quote:
I want someone to make a plushie out of that... for no particular reason whatsoever. :shifty:
AngelofReason777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2008, 09:37   #55 (permalink)
Shas'La

I had a chat with Robin, the chap who's working on the Guard Codex at UK GD, I wont go into the fine details of what was said to avoid any extensive speculation on my part (and I'm sure people will come out the woodwork who talked with him far more in depth), however there are a few things.

Firstly he came over as somewhat irritated about the WD article at the time that was taken pen had barely (if at all) touched paper, and it would appear that we're still someway off, 8 months was mentioned which I guess means we're likely to seeing something in the first two quarters of 2009 - but that is by no means assured.

Secondly he really is'nt a treadhead - well no more so then any Guard player(!), he emphaised very strongly that the three corner stones of Guard are (quite rightly IMHO) Infantry, Armour and Artillery and that all three branches will be getting "much love".

Finally on the subject of special rules ala Docturines, expect something along the lines of the Space Marine Codex though I think many could have said to be expecting that already - so that probably means your HQ Choices and any Special Characters taken will influence changes in available unit selection.

In terms of models I certainly did'nt see anything of note for guard, infact hardly anything at all for 40k really. I did speak to someone who I certainly trust a great deal that has reportedly seen a Valkyrie Sprue at the Warhammer World store which according to him has been delayed somewhat due to problems with the early pulls from the mold suffering badly from warping. Secondly in the design studio section there was a rolling CAD movie showing both a SM Dreadnought and a IG Chimera, it was too fast moving to get any decent shots (though I'll see what I've got later), but the Chimera included a measure of interior detail (molded grill floors as the marine vehicles have), retooled flank armour (the 'pannier tanks' have much additional detail such as an Aquilla added as per the image of a Helhound we've seen previously), finally the turret ring was different, instead fo a strait drop in, it had a socket fitting as the Baneblade and Russ both have.

One quick picture of the above which is'nt too bad of the sides, which fairly clearly shows the additional detail and the fact that this is a Chimera chasis as opposed to the 'Helhound' chasis.

[img width=650 height=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/Misc%2040k/awards.jpg[/img]
Col.Gravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2008, 11:45   #56 (permalink)
Shas'O

IG Codex May 2009? Great.

Possible plastic Vulture kit? Orgasmic! ;D
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2008, 22:25   #57 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

So, we're like 3rd Edition and they haven't write anything down? Great :
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote