Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mini Rulebook in 5th edition boxed game - i discovered something...
Closed Thread
Old 16 Jul 2008, 13:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Mini Rulebook in 5th edition boxed game - i discovered something...

Ok seeing as the mods in their infinite wisdom decided to lock the thread before myself and anyone else could contribute, my only option was to create a new thread.

This was what I discovered. In a leaked version of the rules, right at the back is the box art. like so...

Removing the clipping path in illustrator and you then get this picture...

I thought it was quite interesting and worthy of sharing.
Old 16 Jul 2008, 13:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak
Default Re: Mini Rulebook in 5th edition boxed game - i discovered something...

Wow. It sorta makes sense that they wouldn't include a rulebook; its a large purchase that costs about as much as the box set.

But, come on, they don't even plan on giving some dice, or templates? How are new players supposed to play without those? It just seems now like some special boxed set that is more geared to vets who want to start new armies than actual new players.

Edit: Just read the other thread, there is actually a mini rulebook :-X

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Old 16 Jul 2008, 13:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavfreak
Wow. It sorta makes sense that they wouldn't include a rulebook; its a large purchase that costs about as much as the box set.

But, come on, they don't even plan on giving some dice, or templates? How are new players supposed to play without those? It just seems now like some special boxed set that is more geared to vets who want to start new armies than actual new players.
I believe they are including the rulebook. It references one in the big book, all the staff at my GW are telling me its in there too. Those red lines are not crossing out that stuff. They are those measuring things that came with Macragge.

It seems it will come with the same stuff Macragge came with, just new models:

A mini rulebook
An intro book for learning scenarios
Measuring sticks
Templates
Dice

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Old 16 Jul 2008, 18:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
Ok seeing as the mods in their infinite wisdom decided to lock the thread before myself and anyone else could contribute, my only option was to create a new thread.
There was about 8 pages of contribution, including this pictured posted and linked twice, including the post right above where I locked it. If you had read through the previous thread, even just the last page, you would have realized why the previous thread was locked.

As the mini rulebook has been confirmed for quite some time and as these pictures are nothing news worthy I'm locking this thread as well.

Closed Thread