Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Forge World: New Death Guard Dreadnought, Sorcerer & Plague Ogryns
Old 12 Jul 2008, 18:38   #1 (permalink)
Anton

Default Forge World: New Death Guard Dreadnought, Sorcerer & Plague Ogryns

Heya,

I sighted these on Warseer, very impressive, the detail on all the models is astounding. Unfortunately the paintjob on the Sorcerer, whilst good, does not do the model justice.

Enjoy!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dgdread.htm

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/nurgsorc.htm

http://warseer.com/forums/attachment...7&d=1215865639

http://warseer.com/forums/attachment...6&d=1215865639

Old 12 Jul 2008, 19:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Forge World: New Death Guard Dreadnought, Sorcerer & Plague Ogryns

Very nice find Anton I have to agree with you though, the Nurgle Sorcerer hasn't been painted so well, I love the Nurgle Dread, and the (nurgle?) daemons look sweet! ;D

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2008, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

This is another thing that makes me wish you could bit-order Forgeworld stuff. I want that banner.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 05:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oh my god that was disgusting...

Now to see someone paint them. :shifty:
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 06:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Honestly, I think the plague Ogryns are pretty weak. The Dread is super cool, which is why I'm converting my own instead of paying $70+ for it. :P The Sorceror I was all set to buy until I saw the right leg clearly which is breaking out of the power armor. I don't like the look of it, especially the bare foot. Eh, I think I'm going to have to pass on all of these. It's a shame they didn't seem to live up to the Death Guard kit, which is fantastic and I felt definitely worth the purchase.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 10:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

i like this stuff. the ogryns make a great way to use as beast of nurgle, because they are cooler than GWs beast....these looks like greater plaguebearers
Old 13 Jul 2008, 10:40   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Heh, the plague Ogryns look like Flood :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 18:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thats exactly what i was thinkiing!!

I like the dread but i am converting my own, The sorcerror is nice, but i too think it is just too busy with nurgly bits, I would prefer to convert one. And the flood well, i can't see a need for them.

I just wish i could get that cool dread arm seperate (maybe at Games day?) then i have 2 unique dread arms ;D
Old 13 Jul 2008, 19:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I think everybody knows I have a problem with the Chaos Daemons not being "40k enough," and it's been very hard for me to come up with a concrete example of how they could be done better. People say "but Daemons are the same everywhere!" and yes I agree and get the point, but I still feel something is missing.

The Soulgrinder I like. The Bloodcrushers I like, because the Juggernauts are sort of daemo-mechanical, which really, really appeals to me (in the TARDIS thread I mentioned about how the only thing that appeals to me more than techno-organic stuff is steampunk).

Well, "techno-organic" is the main kind of thing that I'd wanted to see more of in the Daemons. Or at least, daemo-mechanical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
the (nurgle?) daemons look sweet! ;D
Here's how this links to this thread. Kakashi Sensei, as you can see, mistook the plague Ogryns for Daemons. And I can see why. They're so daemonic most of the Ogryn has been replaced, making them look, as Rafe and Chris have said, like Flood.

And with a look at the second image of the Plague Ogryns, I can show you exactly what I think could have been done with the Daemons:

It's that simple. Even something tiny just makes them look so much more like they belong in the 40k universe. If and when (because I do like the fluff and the rules are great) I do a Daemon army, I will probably use these as Beasts of Nurgle. Well, two - I have another idea for a beast of Nurgle I'd want to convert. And as I just said, it's so simple. It'd only take a little bit of converting for me to get a similar kind of Daemo-mechanical (I'm going to use this term whenever I can now, I love it) on the Bloodletters as on the Bloodcrushers' Juggernauts.

If it's so simple to convert, why am I bothered?

Because they don't point out the idea anywhere.

Anyway, that kinda went into (and was from the start) a rant on the Daemons, and you guys might think "but the Ogryns just have barrels and stuff in them, how is that different enough?" but trust me, to me it makes a big difference.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2008, 01:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hahaha Circus. I've been following your Demon/steampunk rants from the beginning. I do agree with you on these models though, they are pretty cool and have that unique 40k flair. Imagining them without the barrels I think they'd be more at home in a fantasy army.

Death Guard sorcerer is pretty cool in my opinion, but I FINALLY convinced myself not to do a plague marine army. So I won't buy him.... maybe.