Some new rumors from a GW presentation
Closed Thread
Old 12 Jun 2008, 20:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Some new rumors from a GW presentation

From Warseer:

Quote:

Hello everyone

Well I have just gotten home from a GW presentation of what's coming in the next 6 months and a few tidbits of things after that...

First of all I have NO pictures. This was done in small room at my LGS so taking photos would have gotten me thrown out.

So here we go. The transport Land Speeder is in the new codex but it will not be released with it. A time frame of "within about 6 months of the codex" was given. Unfortunately no pictures of it were shown but I can confirm it is for transporting a unit of 5 scouts ONLY (no marines allowed). All the other marine stuff is already floating around here.. Perhaps the only new thing I saw was about the sargeant character that goes into vehicles. The tank he is in ignores all shaken and stunned results. Also if the tank is destroyed and he survives, he can get into another tank!

There was nothing else new about the next 6 months, but after that there are some things to consider. The new Dark Eldar Raider is already finished. In fact it was apparently completed by Jes Goodwin some nine months ago! As to when the codex will be released, that is still up in the air....

Space wolves are being worked on with the theme of "the Great Hunt" being mentioned. Again, a prospective release date was not forthcoming.

One last thing that may please some people. The new 40K box set will contain a FULL mini rulebook. It is going to be roughly equivalent to the first 112 pages of the big rulebook, which is essentially everything but the background which is easily 2/3 of the big book.

Sorry again that there are no pictures, but I hope this post contains some new information for you all. If you are interested in fantasy, I will be putting a post in the news forum there too.

Cheers,

Bauhaus.

It's some interesting news and hopefully true. I'm really surprised about the mini rulebook as all indications pointed to it not being included. If it turns out to be true, I guess GW is really planning on giving players a huge bang for their buck with the starter set.

More and more rumors keep popping up for Dark Eldar as well, which is becoming a very strong indication that we will be seeing them released next year.

Old 12 Jun 2008, 22:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Some new rumors from a GW presentation

Excellent! I suppose you're right; this abundance of DE rumors must mean an inevitable release.

And I had thought the rumors of no rulebook had ended a while ago. I didn't know they were still floating around.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 07:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

As I have said from another post. Until I hear this from my friends who are black/red shirts within said company I will be dubious at best.

Everything stated (Especially the land speeder scout transport) is nothing new to me.

But it most confirms what I have known from awhile ago.

Quote:
More and more rumors keep popping up for Dark Eldar as well, which is becoming a very strong indication that we will be seeing them released next year.
End of 09 is what I am hearing as a rumor.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 04:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Did you happen to see the new box set? Is it true the marines inside are sub standard ie not as good as the tactical squad box?
Old 01 Aug 2008, 20:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

End of 09 for dark eldar.
More like december. Although orks are getting another codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmon
Phwoar.
Old 01 Aug 2008, 21:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

Is this just for all 40k? or fantasy as well?

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 02 Aug 2008, 05:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic-swede
End of 09 for dark eldar.
More like december. Although orks are getting another codex
The Dark Eldar release date isn't confirmed. It's been rumored as early as next spring, but many of the people who have inside knowledge and share it say they will be out next year for sure, although a date hasn't been specified as Necrons may get a release before DE, but maybe after.

Second, Orks are not getting a new codex. They are getting a second wave model release this winter.

This thread is several months old and was necroed. Most of the information form the original post has been confirmed at this point. Thread Locked.
Closed Thread