Warhammer 40K Forum

Apocalypse: Reload
Old 08 May 2008, 20:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Apocalypse: Reload

From the BoLS:

Quote:
Hi all,

Here's the latest we've heard regarding this July's release of the 2nd Apocalypse book: Apocalypse-Reload.

* 88-pages
* Contains 50 new Apocalypse Datasheets (unknown if this includes the current ones online)
* New army-specific Strategic Assets
* A monumental battle report "that has to seen to be believed"

As part of this rollout, several of the larger Apocalypse boxed sets (like the Battle Company, Tank Company, etc...) are supposedly being re-released, as well a a load of new boxed sets for the included Datasheets.

~Hmm, there are about 30 datasheets on the GW website now, so my question is are they included in the 50? In any case, more Apocalypse boxed sets is always good news, some of those sets were real discounts. Standard Caveat Emptors apply...

For the rumored $20 price tag I wouldn't mind having the online datasheets and a few extras in hardcopy. Not to mention the crazy bundle deals.

Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2008, 20:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Apocalypse: Reload

$20 price tag is nice, I'm sure I could suffer to pick one of these up. The new boxes being released should be very cool too.

I can't see it having that much other than the datasheets, assuming each datasheet is one page that leaves 38 ages for other stuff, including the battlereports and ridiculous (but oh so beautiful) artwork...
Old 08 May 2008, 20:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Sounds better than the first Apocalypse release, also will be a good thing that 5th ed will be made to support Apocalypse...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Solar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip_II
PK nobs, Big Choppa bike boss, and Flash Gits!(oh wait that wasn't a tank, it was flying...) ;D
Shut it...
I love Flash Gits
Orks: W: 11 L: 4 D: 2
BA: W: 2 L: 4 D: 2
IG: W: 1 L:2 D: 0
Bretonnians: W: 2 L: 3 D: 0
Bretonnians ("Line Breaker"): W: 1 L: 0 D: 0
Clip_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2008, 05:22   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Thinking I'm going to be picking this one up as well, though I dont know how much playing I'll get in next year with college on the way...
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2008, 06:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Only Ł10, that's not too bad, I might be able to pick this up once I get my LoTR ebayed and therefore have some money for me to spend irresponsibly on GW products.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2008, 07:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

GW's Dave Taylor chimed in in the comments section on BoLS:

Quote:
Hi guys

From my understanding (and no, I haven't seen the book), the datasheets consist of "the pick of the litter" from our web site and a few new datasheets for each army, totalling 50 sheets in all. I haven't heard anything at all about there being IA: Apoc sheets included, so i wouldn't be worried about that at all. I also have not heard about any crazy scratchbuilds for any of the armies, but hey, it could happen.

All in all it looks like a good bit of fun for those that have been having a great time with Apocalypse.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Dave Taylor
Here's hoping some of the new ones include legion rules for Nurgle and Khorne like they did for Slaanesh and Tzeentch. It seems a bit sketchy if IA6 will include Legion rules for Nurgle and Khorne after all so datasheets would be most welcome by Chaos players, especially those who don't want to spend ~$100 on IA books.

Also, I was mistaken on the price, it's $25US, not $20.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2008, 12:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

hmm, just datasheets? no new rules?. probably no FW stuff either because IA: apoc covered the rest, exept the reaver....

i look forward for some nice bulk deals though
Old 09 May 2008, 13:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to whitestar333

I think one of the main reasons for this might also be to address the new 5th edition rules in light of Apocalypse and how things might change (maybe Eldar Titan Holo-Fields better? because with 4+ cover saves everywhere, that 4+ Inv won't be as great as it is now) like claiming objectives etc.

I'm very pleased that GW has decided to release this in July, it gives me hope that GW has legitimately turned over a new leaf and will hopefully stay up-to-date ruleswise for its fans.

Oh and I'm psyched about the re-release of boxed sets :-D
whitestar333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2008, 18:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yay big bundles! Now I have a reason to save for crazy-huge boxes (like more tanks >).

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2008, 22:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestar333
I think one of the main reasons for this might also be to address the new 5th edition rules in light of Apocalypse and how things might change (maybe Eldar Titan Holo-Fields better? because with 4+ cover saves everywhere, that 4+ Inv won't be as great as it is now) like claiming objectives etc.

I'm very pleased that GW has decided to release this in July, it gives me hope that GW has legitimately turned over a new leaf and will hopefully stay up-to-date ruleswise for its fans.

Oh and I'm psyched about the re-release of boxed sets :-D
Having a 4+ invulnerable save on a Super heavy skimmer/eldar titan is not superfulous in 5th ed, simply because D weapons ignore cover.
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote