Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[WFB] Chaos Daemons Army Book [Rumours] -
Old 16 Apr 2008, 13:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default [WFB] Chaos Daemons Army Book [Rumours] -

Heres a run down on what I know about the new Fantasy Daemons;

Very hard to make god specific armies with only 1 choice for each god in each army selection spot.

The 5+ ward is now a true ward and works against magic attacks.

They no longer 'pop' they die like undead do.

Khorne;

Bloodletters;

WS5, S5, T3. Movement 5 I think. No longer Frenzied!. Get Killing Blow [+ Hatred if joined by a Herald]. Magic Res 1.

Bloodcrushers [Letters on Juggernoughts];

S6. +3 to their Save. 2 Attacks. Jugg gets 2 S5 attacks. All killing blow. 1 Wound models as Jugs are now regular Cav mounts.

Flesh Hounds;

2 Wounds. Magic Res 3. S4, 2 Attacks I think.

Herald;

Grants hatred to a unit. WS6/7 I think. Can have Armour of Khorne which gives him +3 armour save so on a Jugg he has a 0+ save. Can have a Flaming Sword which gives him +1 Attacks and makes it flaming IIRC.

Bloodthirster;

Customizable with gifts;

Can get S10,
Can get 2D6 + 2 Attacks,
Can have Armour that turns magic weapons into normal.
[Plenty more]

Slaanesh;

Daemonettes;

M6, A2, S3, T3. Armour Piercing

Fiends;

Just like the Seekers in the Storm of Chaos book.

Herald;

Grants always strike first to unit i think. Can take 'many arms' and gets +2 attacks. Only S4. Armour Piercing.

Keeper of Secrets;

M10. Lvl2 2 Wizard, can be Lvl4. Lots of LD based powers, can make models in base contact attack own unit.

Nurgle;

Plaguebearers;

WS 3, S4, T4. Poison. Get Regen from the Hereld.

Nurglings;

Scouts, Poison.

Hereld;
Grants unit Regen.

Beasts;

d6 +2 Poison attacks. No effect for attacking them in side or rear due to 'slime trail'.

Tzeentch;

Screamers;

only 1 wound. May have a better slash attack.

Horrors;

Flaming attacks. Wizard level based on unit size, over 20 gets you lvl2 i think.

Hereld;

Good spell caster, can be Lvl2. Power Vortex grants an extra power dice. Grants horror unit a 4+ ward rather than 5+.

Characters;

Blue Scribes;

2 Horrors on a disc. around 80 points. Each turn they randomly get 1 enemy spell and can cast it for free at its casting value.

Skulltaker;

Khorne Herald. Killing blow on a 5+, works on anything.

Changling;

Unit Champ [horrors] Special Character - built in Van Hortsmans speculum.

Karank Hound of Vengance;

Extra Attack, unit champ again.

Theres a Bloodthirster Special Character that apparently took a swing at Khorne because he is so rage fuelled and chinked his armour, grants hatred to everyone in both armies apparently.

Meant to be a 2 Headed Lord of Change that knows the lore of Tzeentch plus each head knows 4 spells from any lore.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 10:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [WFB] Chaos Daemons Army Book [Rumours] -

It's out now anyway so you can check

arandomshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2008, 23:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Coralien of the Kradus 51

I bought a spearhead already I can sit and read my new Warhammer Armies: Deamons of Chaos...it is gorgeous...Screamers can slash more than one unit in a turn now...The Khornate Character Skulltaker(?) is awesome for his points! Killing blow anything on a 5+.

And the models are gorgeous...the bloodletters come with an amazing icon.... it is dripping blood. Flamers would be better where they not a rare choice, I have to choose between them, bloodcrushers, fiends, beasts...

Fleshhounds are MR3! You can take magic draining 3+ armour on khornate heros...build your own greater deamon is cool to...
Old 20 Apr 2008, 12:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralien of the Kradus 51
I bought a spearhead already I can sit and read my new Warhammer Armies: Deamons of Chaos...it is gorgeous...Screamers can slash more than one unit in a turn now...The Khornate Character Skulltaker(?) is awesome for his points! Killing blow anything on a 5+.

And the models are gorgeous...the bloodletters come with an amazing icon.... it is dripping blood. Flamers would be better where they not a rare choice, I have to choose between them, bloodcrushers, fiends, beasts...

Fleshhounds are MR3! You can take magic draining 3+ armour on khornate heros...build your own greater deamon is cool to...
To be honest I think I prefer the old edition of Daemonettes and Bloodletters to the knew. But that's just me .

arandomshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2008, 02:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

'It's out now anyway so you can check'

Its not out yet and not everybody has access to a GW store to see the instore copy, although as far as im aware not that many stores have those either.

I was tempted to get that spearhead just to get the book early lol.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 02:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

man, this sucks. It is true that you cant mix beasts and daemons right? which only means same road for the mortals. That blows sine I JUST spent my 35 dollar 2nd place winnings in a tourney on a box of warriors. Man I was hopin to use bolster my Beast only army with chosen. I could of just imagined how well they work if I can place 2nd with just beasts.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2008, 14:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Not at the moment. BUT, they are re-doing hordes in WD in a few months that will allow you to mix hordes and daemons. [A makeshift till they do hordes properly]. Then when they re-do beasts youwillbe allowed to mix those in again. You just wont be able to mix from books from different editions essentially.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 15:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Coralien of the Kradus 51

Hordes is 'get you by' listed next month in white dwarf...and the new army book is out 'very soon' according to white dwarf...
Old 22 Apr 2008, 14:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

Oh thank god. So my new mortals will not sit on a shelf for ever now. Thanks!

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2008, 21:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to orkkrusher

Are they a shooting or an assaulting army? Then have any of you played with them? Are they point heavy army?